Tyme cub

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Pludd

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to all this internet stuff, so sorry if this goes wrong. I have access to an old tyme cub lathe. I have loved playing around on it, making some handles and eggs to carve.
I would love to get hold of a manual for it so as to know what chucks ect I can look for to do more with it, it only has a fork type chuck and a fixed bit at the other end, which can squill at times, a bit of wax helps. Can anyone help with a manual?
Thanks paul

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Pludd

I had a cub ( short bed ) probably 30 years ago and turned some nice things on it, I can't remember if it was no. 1 MT but Phil is most likely right however the spindle thread was definitely 20mm x 2.0 because at the time there was little around in the way of accessories and I bought a decent quality tap ( I still have it in a drawer :) ) and I made up some wood faceplates and simple chucks as well as drilling out an old alloy faceplate and threading it. If you do some research online there might be an adapter available to convert one of the common size chucks to fit.

Mick p

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to all this internet stuff, so sorry if this goes wrong. I have access to an old tyme cub lathe. I have loved playing around on it, making some handles and eggs to carve.
I would love to get hold of a manual for it so as to know what chucks ect I can look for to do more with it, it only has a fork type chuck and a fixed bit at the other end, which can squill at times, a bit of wax helps. Can anyone help with a manual?
Thanks paul
Thanks paul