Tyme Avon Motor Capacitor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkenwald

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a wood lathe and have got it running again. During my first experiment at turning I had to engage the highest speed which, though adequate to achieve an acceptable finish, didn't seem fast enough. The motor capacitor looked too clean to be the original so I'm wondering if it's got the correct value fitted. Does anyone know what it should be because the motor manufacturer couldn't help owing to the particular factory having closed down.
(The capacitor is located in the long round plastic case on the motor housing. MAKE SURE THE MAINS IS DISCONNECTED ). The value will be marked on it in MFD or uF along with the voltage.
Regards

I have a Tyme Cub the motor does not have any capacitor that I can find doesn't have the plastic case you have
My motor doesn't have a label on it showing maker would you post all details please - I don't think you can send a photo until you have a few more messages (7?) I would like to know a bit more about mine.

Not sure if the capacitors only help with starting or help running speed as well - google might answer that
cheers

Thanks for the response. I'm not entirely sure of the capacitors value affecting the motor speed but I do have past experience of dead capacitors stopping motors from rotating. Hence my assumption.
I attach the photo of my motor label. I was told that the particular factory that made it has closed, so technical details were unavailable. I have found some guidance on Google and need to check my capacitor with a special meter. ( In the past I have bought replacements on eBay and from CPC.)

Attachments

• P_20220410_154431_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20220410_154431_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks I guess my Cub motor would be more or less the same and after googling for info yours looks like 1425 rpm, 6.3 amps when running and the W 750 perhaps its 750 watts + 1hp? which according to Lathesuk was an option so maybe yours has the uprated motor?
Anyway that gives an idea of what mine is
cheers

Latest posts

Back