Two micro-adjustable box-joint jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<Whistle blow>

Ref! I call a foul, or several... How can you cut a dado with a spindle moulder? What on earth is a toother drawknife?! Or a toothed drawknife come to that... :? Ditto tooth plane? Does the contestant mean an old woman's tooth/router plane? :p No stair saw? No dado plane? No #50, #45, #46 or #55? No trained termites? Pshaw, call that an entry? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

asleitch":327gmb9y said:
Well how about...

E) Buy a milling machine, and get precision X-Y trenches
Hows that for starters?
That would suit me lovely. I spent 30 years on a Bridgeport vertical mill & could use one in my sleep
(Who said I was asleep at work anyway?) :roll:
I often used it during dinner breaks to make woodworking jigs accurately or cut housings.
It's a bit too big for my garage though & I'd need a 3 phase 415v supply, but what a thought!
You can't cut steel on a woodworking machine but can work on wood on engineering machinery.
They are better with a higher top speed though but that can be arranged. ;)

I think Adam failed to comply with the stated rule :shock:

waterhead37":ijpde9qc said:
The first to respond might like to start a separate thread entitle prize dados or something similar - .

His entry is therefore null and void :wink:

Alf":2luj6xph said:
<Whistle blow>

Ref! I call a foul, or several... How can you cut a dado with a spindle moulder?

Didn't say which orientation the dado was running did I know?? Don't call foul on me thankyoueversomuch :?
What on earth is a toother drawknife?! Or a toothed drawknife come to that... :?

Toothed drawknife - come on ALF, you are supposed to be thinking up novel solutions here, I decided I couldn't think why you couldn't get a toothed drawknife, - so I added it in. I have no idea if you can get them or not - but can't see any fundamental reason why not?
Ditto tooth plane? Does the contestant mean an old woman's tooth/router plane?

Yes. Tooth plane, - which bit didn't you understand :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

:p No stair saw? No dado plane? No #50, #45, #46 or #55? No trained termites? Pshaw, call that an entry? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Well I took it for granted that as those aren't real planes, - only collectors use them, that it'd not even be worth mentioning them, honest guv...

Adam

Quick, quick, everyone out that bunker right now.

DaveL":ny463s2l said:
I think Adam failed to comply with the stated rule :shock:

waterhead37":ny463s2l said:
The first to respond might like to start a separate thread entitle prize dados or something similar - .

His entry is therefore null and void :wink:

"Might", but not compulsory - blimey you lot you need to get in the spirit of it a bit more......
:roll:
A

Sorry I brought up the delicate question of the legality of dado sets now. It seems to have set the cat amonst the poms, er ... pigeons :lol:

I suppose you could probably fit some sort of perspex guard to my my jig to make it at least theoretically legal.

Rockerau

No worries, this argument goes round and round and round and round, and then we get bored for a few weeks, them someone mentions them and we start again. Exactly the same, same people, same arguments, same links and references, etc. Just like <cough> woodrats

Back