Two Man Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno about Two Man Saws, but I could tell you an old joke about an Indian called One Man Bucket. :)

Gill (slinking off back into the corner...)

Dave,

They do still seem to be made (and here for instance), but not apparently available over here. I was hopeful the BTCV might have one listed, as they're included in their handbook on caring for tools, but no joy. Might be worth asking them if they know of a source though. If you do end up taking the plunge with an older one that needs some work, let me know and I can provide some info on sharpening them.

Cheers, Alf

Edit: There are a couple of hand tool refurbishing folk advertising on this page who might be able to help.

Dave,

Have a look here on the Thomas Flinn site, they range from 4' up to 8'. They also have a 3' for one man use.

If you get one please post some pictures, I have only ever seen these as wall mounted relics, would be nice to try one out.
OK I'll get me anorak. :shock:

Damn and blast it, why the heck didn't they show on the extensive searches I carried out? Grrrrrr. :evil: Good find, Dave. Hmm, not sure second hand mightn't be more appealing on the budget front though... :?

Cheers, Alf

Reminds me of a county show a few years ago where there was a demonstration by a team of axe men or lumberjacks. Among other things they used a two man saw to cut through a log about 2 feet in diameter. There was also a guy with a chainsaw cutting the same log. The crowd were asked to guess how long the two saws would take to cut the log.

The two-man saw won in 7, yes SEVEN, seconds. The chainsaw man took about 20 seconds or so if I remember rightly.

The two man saw was said to be a New Zealand make, made especially for competitions.

Sawdust Producer":1yqexi64 said:
My gosh these take right back ,up the wood with my Bambi
Just remember that they cut on the pullstroke

On a twoman saw, which one does the cutting, man A or man B :D

Just a thought

Travis

Alf":xb8u2e0l said:
Damn and blast it, why the heck didn't they show on the extensive searches I carried out? Grrrrrr. :evil: Good find, Dave.

I have a confession about this. :) I browsed the Thomas Flinn site when there was the discussion about back saws, while ago. I was quite surprised to see two man saws still being offered and it just stuck in the back of by head. :shock: Plenty of room there. :roll:
All I had to do was find the thread on back saws. 8)

Alf you still reign as the top of the heap for your searches. :D

DaveL":3eztvscx said:
I have a confession about this. :) I browsed the Thomas Flinn site when there was the discussion about back saws, while ago. I was quite surprised to see two man saws still being offered and it just stuck in the back of by head. :shock: Plenty of room there. :roll:
I guessed as much. That's usually how my best "wow, how did you find that?" information comes about - even more room in the back of my head. :roll: :lol: It's my own fault for being more of a pre-owned saw devotee. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Dave
I have just given two away to a friend along with one other from another friend.
He intends to sharpen at least one for use - I f you are near somerset I'me sure you could borrow it.

Dave,

Did you get a two man saw?

Just found this one on Ebay currently at £5 with £6 for postage. Its only got a few hours to go.

harry":2fla0cez said:
If you have a two man saw does that mean that Alf cannot use it?

Careful Harry, you ever had a 5 1/2 land on you after travelling from Cornwall? :twisted:

That 'pull stroke' point is interesting (if you're a spotter like me.. :roll: )

Presumably they're designed to cut 'both ways' to share the effort: I note that all the pictures seem to show 'symmetrical teeth', unlike normal one man saws, where there's always a bias in one direction or the other.. (cue jokes about different strokes for different folks, knowing this forum...)

davejester":2kfbcxb8 said:
Thanks anyway for the pointer. Give me a shout if you see another. I'll try and keep a closer look on the forum as well.

Dave,

Here is your shout, take a look at this and just found thisas well, looks a bit unusual. :D

Hi Dave,

I missed it again! I've sent a message to the owner of the saws as they didn't appear to sell. I just don't seem to be up to the ebay game. I still have a pile of wood outside the back door which needs chopped up as well.

Thanks for the pointer anyway.

Dave

Latest posts

Back