Two Man Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave,

thanks for the pointer. I think I'll give that one a miss for now. I managed to pick up a saw last week from ebay. I'm waiting for delivery. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

I saw a demo of one at the south wales WoodFest the other week. Very impressive. Even though they hit a knot they still managed to beat the chainsaw.

Next I'll have to learn how to sharpen them properly. I'll probably post a question about that once I've got the saw.

Thanks again for the pointers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I got the two man saw last week. It's in fairly good condition. It's a different style to what I've seen before. The teeth are like those on a standard saw/bow saw. Don't know if this makes it easier or more difficult to cut with.

Got the chance to use it for the first time on Sunday. The first problem was keeping the small workbench still. We loaded it with a few logs which stabilised it quite a bit. The next problem was that the saw needed a clean. We sprayed some oil on it (didn't have any wax) which helped a lot. Lastly I think it took a while to get into the rhythm. We cut through one small log and one slightly larger (but still fairly small). After that we were too tired to do any more.

I plan to clean it properly before the next attempt. I'll also look into how to sharpen it. Any suggestions?

It gave a great feeling of having to work for our heat though (even though the logs were far too wet to burn straight away).

Dave

Back