Two Items For Sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm not having some wizer-style clear out of my workshop!! (Sorry, Tom! :D)

Makita 5704RK Circular Saw - 110v

3519151046_a857e8e142.jpg

You can view the specs. here.

This saw was purchased brand new towards the end of 2006, if I remember correctly. It has predominantly been used to rip sheet materials down with the aid of a straight edge, also for cross-cutting table tops and the like. And it is still going strong today. Only reason I'm looking to sell is that I now have a larger Hitachi saw that'll rip 85mm deep and I don't see the point in keeping two saws (don't have the space to store two of them either).

It comes with the original TCT blade and a couple of 100t Bosch blades (one professional range, the other appears to be DIY). I bought these off eBay a year ago for use with veneered sheets and I've never actually used them.

I must stress that this is a 110v tool and you will need a 110v transformer to operate it. I'm looking for £60 collected. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to package the item for delivery although, I am prepared to meet part-way (within a reasonable distance) for a little extra cash.

---

Record Power RSDE2-A Extractor

3518341433_efec753b7a.jpg

More details can be found here.

Purchased brand new in April 2007, I do maintain that this is an excellent extractor for collecting very fine dust. I wouldn't expect it to collect larger planer shavings and chippings as effectively as a HVLP extractor though. Basically, I don't use this one as much as I used to and I'm actually looking to down-grade to a smaller model so I can save a bit of space in my workshop. I also find it quite noisy, if I'm honest, for prolonged use.

It comes complete with everything you see in the photo - 32mm and 100mm hose in 2m lengths; 100mm quick-fit cuff; 100-32mm reducer; power tool adaptor; x3 off paper filter bags; 0.5micron cloth filter and wheel kit (which I'm not a fan of).

I was using this last week with my router table and I seem to have buggered the auto-switching function... :oops: Record tell me it would cost about £40 for a new part, which wouldn't be covered by the warranty. You can still use this by manually switching on/off and it can also be used as a 230v extension lead, if you will. :wink: Apparently though, that 2,200w rating means that, with the 1,100w motor of the extractor, your power tool should have a motor no greater than 1,100w - not 1,900w... :roll: :x

When using the 32mm hose, there's an odd squeaking noise when you switch the machine off - I'm sure it's nothing serious as it stops once you've pulled the hose. Still, I feel I should make you aware of this. Record also advise you to replace the main cartridge filter annually... Er, I haven't done this once - they're quite cheap so, add one to your shopping list some time! :)

I payed over £200 for mine and I'm looking for £140 collected. I'm also prepared to meet part-way, as described above.

---

If you'd like to make me an offer on either of these items (or both! :shock:) then, please, send me a PM. :)

Anyone who's been keeping an eye on my Blog will know that I'm almost ready to start building a brand new workbench (see link in my signature, if you've missed it). My old one may be up for sale shortly and I aim to upload photos in a few weeks (once I've had to chance to get the new frame together).

Thanks for looking,

Olly. :)

Just wanted to BUMP this one back up for a few days before I advertise it elsewhere.

I am open to offers on both items, if anyone is interested. :)

Hi Nev, thanks for your message. :)

I'm basically in Bristol (south of the centre), although I'm guessing that's a bit far for you to travel... I may be able to send the saw via courier, as it's fairly compact and lightweight. Only thing I'm not sure of is how to secure it... (the case is sturdy enough so, I may just wrap it in some sheets for protection.) I'll see if I can get some quotes for delivery during the week and will get back to you. :wink:

Thanks again for your interest. I assume you're aware that this is a 110v tool? :)

Send me a Private Message if you have any more questions,

Yes I know it's 110, and thats fine, I have just found out the amount of work I had might be not going ahead as planned, I'll know as of next week, I understand if you have sold it by then, don't suppose you know what the currier price will be?

Back