two for Alf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
02/14/02
Rust preventative drawer liners
The number one enemy of hand tools is rust. To keep rust to a minimum, line the bottoms of your bench and tool chest drawers with scraps of short-pile carpet. Lightly coat the carpet with 10-weight machine oil or WD-40. This will help minimize the dangers of rust on your tools.

I hope you're not suggesting tools get rusty whilst in my possession? :shock: It all happens before I get 'em. :p And the number one enemy of hand tools is Norm... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1l7i1mo0 said:
...the number one enemy of hand tools is Norm... :wink:
No no. I'm sure I've seen him use a sharp chisel... And a pencil. He's fairly handy with a tape measure. :roll:

I do hope he had read and understood all the operating instructions before using them :wink:

Bean

Aw, bless his Normness. A recent Old Tools post had this memorable review of him:
First Norm cut some drawer dovetails by hand then
went back to killing electrons. Wouldn't recomend it to most but Norm
should go back to something noisey for dovetails as it wasn't pretty.
:lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alright!!! I know that this is the "Hand Tool" section but lets just leave His Normness alone. Whilst his hand tool finesse is somewhat, um, in the shallow end of the pool, without his inspiration a lot of Woodies wouldn't be here today. Myself included.
regards,
Norm Play Club Member,
Philly :D

Philly":1q1fvadj said:
without his inspiration a lot of Woodies wouldn't be here today
You mean here, in the Hand Tool section... :wink: :lol:

But seriously, I regard Norm (may-his-name-be-praised-and-a-million-routahs-sacrificed-to-his-cause) as a partner in crime when it comes to setting people off down the Slope. He cues 'em up by turning them into woodworkers and eventually they stumble to the top of the Slope and look down in awe and wonder, blinking in the light. While their backs are turned doing that, the galoots and neanders provide the final shove. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,
There you go - see, Norm is Good!
Seriously, where else do you get to see woodworking machinery and furniture making on tv? Or anywhere else for that matter.
Credit where credits due, I say.
So far down the slope I don't know where I am,
Philly :D

Wherever you are on The Slope, I think the cast iron ballast you're still firmly attached to, is slowing your descent. :lol: :lol:

Back