Two Facebook questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've finally succumbed (but only in a limited fashion). Joined purely to take part in an active online campaign to convert Radio 2.5 back to Radio 3. But I have a couple of questions that I can't fathom out.

1) How do you post comments on a wall...this is the one I am interested in http://www.facebook.com/bbcradio3?sk=wall&filter=1 ........using your username as opposed to the name you use to join with?

2) If you make a comment on this wall, how do you make it visible to others? If I don't log in then I cannot see the comments I made ...and presumably neither can others. If I do log in then I can see the comments (but no idea if anyone else can).

TIA

Roger

Beats me Roger, :mrgreen:

I just look at what my naughty grand children are writing on their wall so I suspect other people see your naughties as well if they visit your wall.

RogerS":2y9xjbx4 said:
I don't use Facebook much, and not sure I understand the questions tbh Roger.

1/. My login details are an email address and password; once logged in anything I post is done under the username I chose when I joined - is this not the case for you?

2/. I can see comments on the BBCRadio3 wall wether I'm logged in or not. Are you sure they're not just hidden - you can sort the wall by "top posts" or 'most recent" and individual comments/replies are hidden by default except (I think) the two most recent; choose "views all XX comments" by clicking the link to see them all.

As always, apologies if this is teaching granny to suck eggs...

petermillard":rm5ml5zo said:
RogerS":rm5ml5zo said:
I don't use Facebook much, and not sure I understand the questions tbh Roger.

1/. My login details are an email address and password; once logged in anything I post is done under the username I chose when I joined - is this not the case for you?

2/. I can see comments on the BBCRadio3 wall wether I'm logged in or not. Are you sure they're not just hidden - you can sort the wall by "top posts" or 'most recent" and individual comments/replies are hidden by default except (I think) the two most recent; choose "views all XX comments" by clicking the link to see them all.

As always, apologies if this is teaching granny to suck eggs...
Not at all, Peter.

I log in with my username but when I post it posts with my 'proper name' .

I can also see comments on the BBCRadio wall whether or not I am logged. However, if don't log in then my posts and comments are not visible. I've clicked on View all 9 comments for example...and can count 8 displayed...not the 9th (ie mine).

devonwoody":26ekefdi said:

I just look at what my naughty grand children are writing on their wall so I suspect other people see your naughties as well if they visit your wall.

i have a rule not to add family members, apart from my brother and cousins for this very same reason. after my uncle read of my brothers statues over skype conference at christmas

adidat

devonwoody":12m66gif said:

i have a rule not to add family members, apart from my brother and cousins for this very same reason. after my uncle read of my brothers statues over skype conference at christmas

adidat

RogerS":20nd16o8 said:
I log in with my username but when I post it posts with my 'proper name' .
I didn't think there were 'usernames' as such on facebook - when you sign up you're asked for an email addy, name and password; to sign in, you supply the email and password, then posts are made from the name you signed up as:-

faceache.jpg

So if you don't want to make posts from your 'proper name' I think you need to sign up under another name e.g. First name = Rodger, surname = TheDodger - or whatever ;)

I can also see comments on the BBCRadio wall whether or not I am logged. However, if don't log in then my posts and comments are not visible. I've clicked on View all 9 comments for example...and can count 8 displayed...not the 9th (ie mine).
No idea why this is happening; as I said, I have very limited experience of the whole social media thing...

Pete

I dont think facebook is operating effiently, its most probably overloaded with too much traffic. I get greyed screen sometimes.

devonwoody":2iw9yqkc said:
I dont think facebook is operating effiently, its most probably overloaded with too much traffic. I get greyed screen sometimes.

You sure that that's not because you've got the Parental Lock on and trying to see dodgy stuff ? :wink:

Latest posts

Back