Two cheers for Ms Lagarde

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it's tricky times, but if one very big problem is a loss of confidence in markets... surely she could just talk it all up a bit? Today she said this:
"Our sense is that if we do not act boldly and if we do not act together, the economy around the world runs the risk of downward spiral of uncertainty, financial instability and potential collapse of global demand," she said.
It's not the first time she's made bad sound really bad. Anyone fancy a book on how long in the job??

But, what she said is true. What do you want to hear, that all in the garden is rosy? :mrgreen:

One of the best things that could happen is that Standard & Poor should be made substandard and poorer and booted out with the other idiots of their ilk. They must make a bomb destroying others?

Jonzjob":21zmsrci said:
But, what she said is true. What do you want to hear, that all in the garden is rosy? :mrgreen:

One of the best things that could happen is that Standard & Poor should be made substandard and poorer and booted out with the other idiots of their ilk. They must make a bomb destroying others?

100% agree with you. With prats like Berlusconi and Papandreou around, we need someone like Ms Lagarde to tell it how it is.

OK and fair enough. I had better retract the casual "talk it all up a bit" because that gave the wrong impression. I mean that I believe that job has a number of facets, and one is rather political. I am fairly sure she is highly competent in the technical aspects, but that job plays a key role in managing mood, calming troubled waters. By all means please paddle like a maniac below the surface, but try and promote serenity above because there are plenty others talking panic without the IMF joining in.

(And I still reckon she's not long for that job... any takers??)

Apart from the Zimbaweean Dollar all other currencies, other than the Euro, seem to weathering the storm.

Roy.

I'm not too sure on my facts, but Papandreou seems to have come into the top job with a huge noose around his neck. A bit like our Sarkosi, his predsessors have said that something needs doing, but perhapse tomorrow. When these 2 came along, Papandreou in particular was just at the point where MS Greece was sinking beyond help and the fact that they are laying off the very people who can help, the people who collect their taxes, did he appear. Whoever took over that sad lot was in the pony poo, but at least he did try.

Sarkosi is still trying to clear up the c r a p the clown/conmen like the honourable chirac have left behind. We have talked to several French people about the situation and they say yes it needs sorting, but tomorrow :shock:

Whoever took over that sad lot was in the pony poo, but at least he did try.

Yep! It's like sacking the manager of a football team.

Roy.

Latest posts

Back