TV rant!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
knappers":x9mcj3cp said:
If they trailed it using a 30 second compilation of the girls running up the stairs, they can trail strictly as much as they like...
Si.

Oh yes :mrgreen:

You folks need to check out your tv setup menus, on my current LG (about 4 years old) and my old (very old) philips before that there is an option in the sound setup to reduce this problem. It doesnt 100% solve the problem but does make a fair difference.

HTH

mark aspin":2mfdzhfr said:
I'd much prefer a Lancaster than go compare. I turn the TV off for about 30 seconds when that comes on so that I don't have to watch or listen to it! Then back to mighty ships or wonders of the solar system.

Discovery are bringing out a new series soon called "Coal". They've done crabbing, lobstering, logging. What next?

Extreme Basket Weaving :twisted:

Tom

Well I do have a DVD recorder but there just isn't anything on I would like to record! I can't understand why they insist on pushing the tivo box or the like as the channels repeat the programmes almost daily so no worry of missing anything :roll: I could turn on Discovery shed and watch a repeat of the New Yankee Workshop that I watched five years earlier! Now it seems to be happening on all of the channels, don't they have any new stuff? and I don't mean Strictly or Big Brother rubbish. :roll: I should add that I only have the basic Virgin media package so can't even watch repeats of Norm. Thanks god for DVD's.

mailee":1juk3z91 said:
I only have the basic Virgin media package
You're not missing much - we've got the middle package and still can't find much to watch. I would like to get the history channel but that's only available in the more expensive package, though Richard Branson has to get the money from somewhere to rebuild Necker doesn't he?

Code:
They've done crabbing, lobstering, logging. What next?

Cottaging ? (Oh the possibilitys are almost endless :p )

Now which celebrity should host the show ..lol

What Zilch-Wedlock me off is that I pay for a TVL, I pay for my Sky package, I pay extra for HD and probably for Sky+, and I still have sodding adverts!
Even on PPV films that I have to pay extra for!

What Zilch-Wedlock me off even more is on the rare occasion I buy a DVD there's bloody adverts on that!

mailee":mre3exhk said:
Well I do have a DVD recorder but there just isn't anything on I would like to record! I can't understand why they insist on pushing the tivo box or the like as the channels repeat the programmes almost daily so no worry of missing anything :roll:

The advantages of the various disk recorders is that you can watch what you want when you want it. Even with something repeated every 3 hours, you might (out of sheer cussedness) decide that 8pm is the time you want to watch it!

I also find that I speculatively record programmes I like the sounds of (from the EPG or previews). I can then start to watch them, and simply STOP (and delete!) if I want to.

This opens me to enjoying new and different things I would otherwise have not commited to in a live schedule.

And (as other have mentioned) I can skill adverts, and extend intros.

In short I doubt I will ever watch live TV (except news) again.

BugBear

Sure, on disk you can skip the adds rubbish but you can't
bi-pass the relentless dirge over the dialogue.
I have lost count of the number of programs I have turned
off because I can't hear what is being said.
Willy.

Another TV moan....

Has every program maker had a good deal on Piano players? Slow, mournful tinkling seems to be on nearly every program, and sounds mostly the same every time. It's getting right on my mammaries.

Back