TV cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
I got to work on a simple TV cabinet this morning. The construction will be painted oak MDF carcass, solid oak face frame, doors and plinth, and a solid oak top unpainted.

First off got the top made up - 30mm thick. 1 coat of osmo finish applied

2011-11-06140235.jpg

Carcass pieces cut and jointed.

2011-11-06140152.jpg

And finally got all the stock dimensioned for the doors, face frame and plinths.

2011-11-06140126.jpg

I've ordered a Kreg pocket hole jig which should be here in the next few days for joining the carcass and the face frames.

Cheers

Karl

Got another few hours on this cabinet this afternoon - this is where we're at now

2011-11-23174531.jpg

I'm hoping to get some time tomorrow to get the doors done, then the base can be primed ready for delivery at the weekend.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks James.

The profile skirting was done on the router table with a panel raising bit

2011-11-23183951.jpg

Cheers

Karl

Very nice, showed my wife to help convince her that freestanding (what I want) is better than built in for our TV stand in the sitting room.

Please show pics when painted

By the way, I tried clicking on your 'gallery' in your website and got the following error message:
'Fatal error: Could not extract a stage height from the CSS. Traced height: 0px.'

Not sure if it is my computer; but, just thought I would let you know.

Cheers,

DT

Thanks DT. I'll post up some pics when it's finished in a couple of days.

The website is a WIP at the mo, but Chems (who did the site for me) will no doubt have a clue what the message means !

Cheers

Karl

Tierney":1cridlfm said:
By the way, I tried clicking on your 'gallery' in your website and got the following error message:
'Fatal error: Could not extract a stage height from the CSS. Traced height: 0px.'

Not sure if it is my computer; but, just thought I would let you know.
Works for me with Google Chrome?

Very nice Karl

Sorry about that, made a few changes the other day and removed the doc type by accident from the page. Working now on all browsers.

Back to the woodwork, I'd forgotten you were going to paint it, its so nice without paint. Why the veneered carcass then, for grain effect?

Karl

Noticed you have a Record Router table (well at least the top anyway) - I was thinking about one of those instead of my Triton. What'd you reckon, as good/better than a regular router table?

Nice cabinet by the way.

Cheers

Back