Turning tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC02000.JPG
DSC01999.JPG

I still can't get my head around the prices.

if you want a cheap hobby, woodturnings not for you, take up jogging, seriously, its like fishing half the things you get are for catching fish the other half for catching the angler im sure half the tools are made in the same way , you see you tube video's of workshops stacked to the roof with 100s of chisels, and a whole hosts of expensive items , ask them and i bet they say they use about 5 chisels for 95% of there work, im thinning out my shop as i been caught before, for carbide i got a cheap set of chinese chisels 4 of them for about 60 quid the tips are not the best but as thy dull i buy good tips same as you can get on a £200 easywood chisel, after all you only cut with the tip not the handle, depending on what you want to turn buy a couple of good HSS gouges from any well known manufacture, thin parting tool you can make from a old thick hacksaw blade, also look on auction sites, i picked up a lovely Ashley Iles gouge for 18 quid doesn't look like its been used & 65 new, the expense in the HSS chisels is in the grade of steel and the tempering of it

Back