Turning demonstrators required for dates in 2015 (paid work)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Orbital Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
To all the turners or those who know turners, I may well be about to get co-opted onto my turning clubs committee as the bloke who books the demonstrators of an evening.

I would like to cast the net at this early stage for anyone interested in doing paid work demonstrating (in Bracknell, Berks) their interesting approach to turning. The club meets 3rd Wednesday each month and this is for the 2015 year. We typically hire professional turners but are quite happy for an enthusiastic but competent amateur to receive some of our budget in exchange for keeping us off the streets for an evening.

Most of the demonstrators will do a project, for example Andrew Hall turned a small Stetson style hat. We've had all manner of different things shown including a threaded urn for the ashes of the deceased! We don't allow sanding due to the H&S risks and the mess so you don't even have to finish it!

In the first instance I would appreciate pm's so I can exchange contact details and talk about fees etc.

The club is the Berkshire Woodturners Association. Naturally, it's an association and not for profit. Generally, our demonstrators have come through the networks in woodturning magazine etc but I thought it worth asking here as I think some of the quality of the work is excellent.

Thanks in advance.

Back