Turning Day in aid of Children with Cancer UK 15th Feb 2020

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hancock

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ll be helping my colleague, Jamie Ward, again at Warwickshire College raise money for Children with Cancer UK on Saturday 15th February 2020 by running a turning day at the Leamington Spa campus from 9am to 3pm. The cost is £60 with only 7 places available. All of the money goes to the charity with free use of the College workshop and my time.

If interested please contact Jamie at [email protected]. It’s on a first come first served basis with payment made prior to the day.

marcros":1qjnhogr said:
Email sent, but I suspect I was prob too slow!
Thank you. If you don'y get a reply let me know and I'll chase it up for you. I know Jamie is pretty busy at the moment.
Cheers Mark

Thank you Peter. It's always been great fun in the past

For those wondering what the day will involve, I treat it as a fun day where the particitants are free to have a go at whatever they like with supervision and guidance from myself – that is provided it’s something I know about :) In the past some have brought along a project they have been working on which they need a little help and advice with. Others have expressed an interest in trying out some of the hollowing tools I use or trying a new technique. Those that have tools bring them along and then I can comment on the grinds and possible improvements; through my years of teaching I've found this is the major cause of the problems that turners experience. Everyone is free to bring their own timber if they wish and use that if I deem it suitable. Alternatively I can usually provide something.

If anyone has any queries don't hesiate to contact me.

Are there still places available? Or is it fully booked?

Mark,

Not sure if you’re full now, but would you consider a total beginner on this day or would your 1/6th focus (nerves) not take it (asking for a friend, honest!)

SVB":26mj06tj said:
Mark,

Not sure if you’re full now, but would you consider a total beginner on this day or would your 1/6th focus (nerves) not take it (asking for a friend, honest!)
Yes there are still places available as far as I am aware and we'll take anyone; you know me, a gluton for punishment :D There is of course the proviso that I won't be able to make your friend a turner during a session like this but it would be a good introduction to turning and I'm sure the other participants will help me out.

gog64":321vuc7c said:
Are there still places available? Or is it fully booked?
Yes as far as I am aware but a lot of interest being expressed as it has been promoted elsewhere so don't think too long :)

Back