Turners input wanted on fallen Walnut Tree

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO , anyone within 50 mls. should be peddiling their bike towarbs Nottingham now and get some of thoes branches.
That is a very generours gesture from the flat side of the forum , and although I cant avail of it I'm sure there are others that will .
The piece with the tape against it would be a very interesting piece ,as fron what I can see there may be a hole or nesting place on it which would open it's turning interests very much .

Thanks for showing

Chems,

Generally a woodturner will find good use for walnut, for the same reason others like to work with it.

Eugene, I think you were looking at Paul Chapman's walnut rather than Chems!

P1010611.JPG

In reference to the piece of timber with the tape against it
this is what I had in mind regarding what could be tried .

I am never too sure if these pictures are being posted properly
so here goes.

Attachments

• P1010611.JPG
    P1010611.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,012
Jeez Jumps , are they even in the same Parish ,County ,or Shire , or what ever is the proper name for an area over there .
Bloody hell some poor person may be on his bike to the wrong place . STOP ,if you can read this Jumps has the right address .
Hope poor Jonz. hasent set off from France.

I am in Nottingham! And I have a large van! And a chainsaw!..........cough

I'd be great to get these branches moved so if people do want them for turning can you send a PM, just donations to the tool fund would be appreciated and that UKW's get some good wood at a steal. They'd have to be cut and collected from Northamptonshire, just off the M1 near Watford gap.

If anyones interested send me a PM.

Latest posts

Back