Turned "bun Feet"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowfax

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been asked to make a pair of pine bedroom cabinets that call for turned feet in the shape of a ball (roughly) with a collar on top. Nothing extraordinary except that I don't have a lathe so I am hoping to buy them ready-made.
Do any of you have some clues as to where such things might be available?
I have not had too much luck following a quick look on the net.
Help, please!!

SF

Hi Horsey
The North Laine Timber Co in North Road, Brighton stocks some ready turned things like this. Recommend a phone call first if you have far to travel, as I can't remember offhand if they have bun feet to choose from.
If you do travel, whilst you're there, you might want to pop in to Dockerills one road along in Church Street, as they too might have something suitable.

Failing that you might ask on the Turning Board is someone would do them for you/knows someone in the area who might.

Cheers, Alf

... and if you want to go the custom made route and have no luck with the turners on here, I can recommend C and M Woodturning in Newhaven (details here). Lovely folks and it's worth using them just to visit the workshops! A sight to behold IMO!

Thanks for the advice, guys.
Chris, when you said "not exactly local" you weren't kidding! But they do have the right stuff. Spot on, in fact.
I think I might try the Newhaven place, though. Brighton could also be useful, Aragorn.
The turning board was right at the back of my mind but that is a good idea. Thanks to you all once again.
Cheers.

SF (or Horsey)

Back