Tuit(s)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Heres a quick tuit. Took 3 years of constantly searching for safety goggles, dust mask, ear defenders which were always down the back of the bench/in the dust on the floor before I got round to this.

They are supposed to live on this hook, but they fall off everytime I knock them. Its really annoying, and I can't get everything on there - so they get left around the workshop and damaged.

medium.jpg

Length of ash. Drilled some holes at 10 degrees. Spaced at increasing intevals.

medium.jpg

Cut up some dowel left over from the days when I used to make very large kites. I used a stanley knife to cut a slot in each, to allow the glue to bereleased.

medium.jpg

Hammered in. The hydralic pressure can really build up benhind the dowel. You can see the glue squueze out on every peg. I aligned the slots on the same edge so they wouldn't be visible.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

And the same for the fence from the router, and the mitre guide for the table saw. Never quite knew where to put them. Hardly get used a lot, but frequently enough that its no good them being packed away somewhere obscure.

Knocked this up from an offcut of the japanese stool. Ash + Walnut - posh eh? 8)

medium.jpg

Adam,
Much neater but a potential problem. Those things with a plastic strip type headband don't seem to like being hung on hooks for too long. I have had a couple of dustmasks where the strip has fractured then broken right across. Duct tape works for a while but it isn't great. A hook with a gently rounded bit of wood on which to hang them would be better (I still have to make mine I am afraid :oops: )

waterhead37":2lcs1mur said:
Adam, I have had a couple of dustmasks where the strip has fractured then broken right across.

If I get a trend electric powered Darth-Vader mask thingy, hopefully, I won't be using it much, and it'll get relegated to a cupboard!

Adam

Back