tuff saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer n nails

Established Member
Reaction score
after my blade snapped on my ageing 3 wheeled bandsaw was a tuff saw blade that i had just replaced i sent it back to tuff saws this is the reply i got from them

Hi Roger

I’ve just received the broken blade from you and I’m really sorry that the blade has broken like this.

I’ve checked the blade and it hasn’t broken on the weld which suggests that it’s either a problem with the set up on the bandsaw or the wrong type of blade for the bandsaw.

I’ve just checked back on the order and noticed that it was for a Black and Decker bandsaw and I know that this bandsaw is a 3 wheeled model and the Carbon blades are not suitable for 3 wheeled bandsaws as they don’t have enough flexibility to fit around the 3 wheels.

The only blades that will run on 3 wheeled bandsaws are the Hobby/Thin Gauge ones as these are the only ones thin enough to flex around the small wheels properly.

If I’d have noticed this earlier then I would have emailed you before making the blade to let you know that this particular blade isn’t suitable for your bandsaw – not sure how I missed it, but I just got the blade length from the order and missed the bit about what bandsaw that it was for.

The narrowest that these are available in is 1/4" and the narrowest that the Black and Decker is supposed to run is a 1/4" as well.

I will gladly exchange the broken blade for a 1/4" with the same tooth pitch in the correct blade thickness if that’s ok?

Obviously I can’t exchange it for the same width as it will just break again but the 1/4" will run with no problem.

If you let me know if this is ok and I will sort out the replacement blade for you as soon as possible.

Regards

Ian
07896 058499
now this is what i call service bet there is not many firms admit mistakes then replace service with a smile

Roger

I have dealt with Tuff Saws a few times and they are absolutely top drawer.
No fear in recommending them to anyone, not something I could say about many people nowadays. But I know Ian would never let anyone down.
I will never use anyone else.

Neil

+1 for Ian at TuffSaws and his bi-metal blades completely transformed my bandsaw. Geoff

I bought two for the same machine...to see which would make the best cuts.....fully expecting to be able to try this test soon as these things used to break blades for breakfast.

The first one was in the machine for so long I had to "accidentally" muck up the set by hitting a nail before I could change it....the original lasted so long!!!

I use that saw almost every day and the blades Ian supplies are brilliant. His service is brilliant and he's a nice bloke on top!!

Jim

I have had similar excellent service from Ian. I had a blade break on my bandsaw a while ago and contacted Ian as it wasn't that old. I sent it to him so he could see why it had broken and it turned out to be my fault so I bought a replacement and he sent me a free carbon blade as a spare!

I also got excellent advice when I needed blades for my 3 wheeled Startrite as it was an uncommon machine, very old so there wasn't much information on what blades to use but Ian gave comprehensive advice and options on blades and when I bought 2 based on his advice he said if they turned out not to be right there was no problem swapping them.

I couldn't recommend him highly enough and won't buy any other blades while he's selling them.

Back