Tuff Saws does it again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter T

Established Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Axi SBW3501B bandsaw last year I contacted Tuff Saws to get their recommendations on the blades I would need for hobby/DIY use. They recommended a narrow one for profiling, a 6/10 varitooth for general purpose work with a good finish, and a 3 tpi for re-sawing.

Anyway, after I got the saw setup I found that the 6/10 worked so well that I used it for everything and the other 2 were left hanging on the workshop wall!

Yesterday, however, I needed to re-saw some 8 inch wide oak so I decided to dig out the 3 tpi blade. Actually I tried it with the 6/10 first but, while it did cut, it was very slow, so I bit the bullet and changed blades.

The results were amazing!! 8 inches is the published, and physical, limit for this saw and, since it's only rated at 550 Watts, I was expecting a struggle -

IMG-20120823-00096.jpg

But no, the 3 tpi blade sliced through the oak like it was a piece of cheese, soft cheese at that. I couldn't believe the speed of the cutting, and no signs of the saw struggling -

IMG-20120823-00098.jpg

The finish is pretty good as well.

So, a big thank you to Tuff Saws for your excellent products and, while I think about it, to Axminster for a sturdy, well engineered saw.

Back