Tuff saws band saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith1

Reaction score
Hi,
Today I got in touch with Ian at Tuff saws with regards to buying a new blade for my Elektra Beckum bandsaw.
Being new to wood turning etc and to the use of bandsaws in particular, I was a bit confused as to which blade best suited my needs, mainly cutting bowl blanks.
Ian could not have been more helpful, he sent me an e mail outlining the best blade for me and even rang me to discuss my requirements.
I would recommend this man to anybody who needs a band saw blade as his helpfulness and knowledge are second to none, and his prices are good too!
Keith

I've just bought three blades from Ian and got extremely good advice beforehand and then quick delivery for a very good price. I am very happy with Tuff Saws, as everyone told me I would be.

I have never bought anything from him yet, but he was still extremely helpful with information on my bandsaw - top bloke.

Just want to jump on the Tuffsaws bandwagon.

I got a second hand Record BS350 and have used it with the blades it came with and also an Axminster Xcalibur blade. I've replaced a few bits on the saw (guides, bearings, etc..) but it still never seemed to run "smooth". I put a Tuffsaw blade on yesterday and it's like a brand new machine. Even with my beginner skills at setting up the blade etc.. I still managed to cut a silly thin veneer that needs only 2 rubs with sandpaper to make it perfect.

The fact that I don't get that rhythmic chug when the weld comes around anymore means I can use it when the kids are in bed too :)

before I used Ian's M42 blades on my bandsaw I was using between 4 and 5 standard blades a year - i am now finding that a single M42 does me for about 8>10 months of use and that is alot of use - Ok the blades are a bit more to buy in the first place but they last sooooooo much longer and there appears to be little deterioration in the blades either - I am on my 3rd one now, both the previous ones having been written off on hidden foreign objects in the wood!

Tuffsaws definitely get my vote too!

Dodge":2vheow5h said:
before I used Ian's M42 blades on my bandsaw I was using between 4 and 5 standard blades a year - i am now finding that a single M42 does me for about 8>10 months of use and that is alot of use - Ok the blades are a bit more to buy in the first place but they last sooooooo much longer and there appears to be little deterioration in the blades either - I am on my 3rd one now, both the previous ones having been written off on hidden foreign objects in the wood!

Tuffsaws definitely get my vote too!

+1 ... Ian answers all queries in a totally professional way. No faffing, no bull.

I am a Tuffsaws customer for life now.

I have to agree I have spoken to Ian a couple of times and he could not have been more helpful. He deserves all the praise he gets on this forum.

Mike

I have bought a pair of blades from him too, very good service, and the blades are far better than those that came with my saw.

Out of curiosity, what blade did he recommend to you for cutting bowl blanks, or for veneering? I didn't ask for advice but looked through his site, and decided on a narrow sabercut for blanks and a fastcut for veneers and general work, just wondering if I chose right... :)

Nic.

Back