• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted TS55 Blade(s)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I could do with a blade or two for my ts55. Anybody got anything before I buy new?

Ideally looking for something for general purpose and something for ripping solid wood. I have the standard issue 48t which needs sharpening, may even consider a backup for that.

Snoozed and lost! Only a couple of quid more elsewhere though.

Hello Marcros, I should be able to oblige, at least with the rip blade. Let me check in the workshop tomorrow and get back to you.

Great, let me know. I will hold off buying anything new for now. No hurry.

Out of interest, I presume that you have a ts55 and don't do a huge amount with sheet materials. What blades do you use?

Hello Marcros, I've two (unused Festool blades in their original packaging) that I can sell. £20 each or £35 for the two, including postage. That's way cheaper than you can find on Ebay.

One is the 496 301, which looks to be an out and out solid wood rip blade.

The other is the 487 377, which looks to be more a general purpose blade but with a rip bias.

Festool-TS55-Blades-.jpg

I almost always use the 491 952, that's the 48 tooth fine ATB blade.

I have a combination machine, which means that when the spindle moulder is set up for a job it takes the panel saw out of commission. Then I use a ts55 on a track or on an MTF, or a bandsaw, or a Kapex CMS.

I use quite a bit of sheet goods, both for veneer substrate and for jigs, and the 491 952 does a decent job on ply or MDF. But I virtually never use the ts55 for ripping, which is why these two blades have sat in the systainer unused since I got the saw!

If you're interested PM me.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Festool blades are made for them by Leitz.
I'd like to know if that's true as Leitz make excellent blades and it would confirm my impression that the Festool branded blades are quality items.

I will take the 496 301. I will message you in a little while to arrange.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Festool blades are made for them by Leitz.
I'd like to know if that's true as Leitz make excellent blades and it would confirm my impression that the Festool branded blades are quality items.

I have read the same thing. They do tend to buy from leading brands and rebrand them.

Latest posts

Back