TS2000 or Reconditioned Machines?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have just found this forum & joined up so hello to everyone ;-) my father & I have always been into woodworking but we have never had any proper accurate tools, we have been watching New Yankee Workshop as im sure everyone else does by the sound of it, & now we really fancy getting a table saw & a Planer/Thicknesser.

We originally thought about the Kity Combi 2000 but then decided seperates might be better (if anyone has any experience of the Combi 2000 please let me know), we have been looking at the "Record RSTS12" table saw but lots of comments on the Record forums have put us both off of that one, things like poor fences & the fact it cant cut a straight line were among a few of the complaints.

We are now thinking about the Scheppach TS2000 table saw, mainly what we are after is something that will cut acurately without spending a fortune, ive heard that its always the fences on the tables that are the weak area on a table saw, thats why we thought about this TS2000 as it said it can be fine adjusted to 1/10th mm which sounds very good, if it has this sort of adjustment surely it shouldnt have any play in the fences sliderails??

Has anyone got a TS2000 here? if so what is the build quality like? when sliding the fence along does it slide perfectly parallel to the blade or is it such a crude fitting that it wobbles all over the place?..

Also any bad things about the TS2000 would be good to here, so far ive seen LOTS of bad comments about the Record & Kity saws, no bad comments so far though about the TS2000, surely its not all rosey?

Sorry for a long post but my last question is does anyone know where I can buy second hand table saws/ planers etc...? are there any companies out there dealing in reconditioned machines? as we were thinking if we spend about £700 on a new saw, surely the same money spent on a second hand saw would give us a saw that was originally at £1400 which would bring it into another class (hopefully).

Ok thanks,
Norm Fan :p

Hi Welcome to the forums :D

I bought the Scheppach TS2000 lastyear, you can find my review of it here : https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/review/review.php?id=21 and I can't really fault it - its a brill saw 8)

does anyone know where I can buy second hand table saws/ planers etc...?
You can try the back of woodworking mags (The Woodworker, Good Woodworking) for readers ads.

Hope this helps,

Hi Charley,

Thanks for the reply, I think I may have got the parts named incorrectly, when I said does the fence slide accurately or wobble all over the place, I meant the standard one that comes with the machine, not the sliding table addon.

On cheaper tablesaws that I have managed to have a close inspection of in the shops I found the table & the motor etc etc.. to be pretty good on all of them, the part that was really crude on some models was the standard fence, sorry im really new to tablesaws, is it called a "Rip Fence" maybe?

This is the part, I have marked your photo.
08.jpg

When you slide it along the table, I read some use steel rollers running in an Aluminium channel which wears out rather quickly, also how do you get it to be perfectly parallel to the blade? & once its locked in place how secure is it? is it flimsy enough to move out of alignment when pusing a bit of wood though?

Basically what I am trying to get across is does it have any play in the fence at all? I dont know if you have seen the "Clarke" 10" tablesaws (the really cheap ones) but as I moved the fence along it was all over the place, I could actually clamp it up totally skew wiff to the blade, there was so much play in the way it was designed that it was laughable.

Thanks,
Norm Fan :p

No sorry I miss read your post :oops: (it was a late night last night)

My fence was spot on parallel to the blade right out of the box but if you need to you can adjust it by loosening a nut.

Like many table saws (including more expensive ones like the TS2500) there is slight play at the end of the fence but honestly this hasn't caused any problems with me so far.

If you have any other questions on the TS2000 please feel free to post here.

You don't say where you live but in Leeds , West Yorkshire we are lucky enough to have a company called D.B. Keighley based on Stanningley Road. They do a full range of new and recon tools and machinery and are also very helpful with advice.Their contact detail is www.dbkeighley.co.uk or you can ring them on 0113 257 4736 before 5pm any week day.

ah right, thanks for that one m8 I will have a look at their website.

Im in London.

Back