Trying to find...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Siddle

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a pair of black or brown, powder coated steel corner brackets for a bookcase I'm building. They need to be around 150mm , ideally about 30-35mm wide and 2-3mm thick. I'm wanting the flat, L-shaped type so I can fit them to the back of the joint where they won't be visible. I thought it was a simple request , but I can't find them anywhere.

Many thanks.

do they need to be powder coated? Could you not repaint some white ones (which I presume are more readily available)

What about builders angle brackets used in joist work? You can get them in various dimensions. Otherwise how about flanged corner brackets instead?

Might be worth looking at the builders stuff, but the flanged ones would be visible from the side, and i really don't want them to be seen. I'm building with thick pieces of pippy oak with lots of burr and live edged shelves. I don't want any hardware to be on show.

Forgive the ignorance.

But if you don't want them to be seen does it matter what colour they are?

Back