tru grind or wolverine?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shay Vings

Established Member
Reaction score
Any views on which of these 2 is the better choice?. Not much in it on price. Can't afford Tormec and Sorby 447 looks a bit too fiddly

I have not used either of them but heard good things about both of them. Another system you might consider is one sold by Mick Hanbury it is his version of the wolverine. I was looking at it today and it seems very good and is only £75, I cant find it on his site http://www.mickhanbury.com/index.html but it would be worth dropping him an email about it.

john

Ive owned and used both and I stayed with the wolverine.
I found it much quicker and easier to use and couldn't manage without it now.
beejay

I invested in the Wolverine and I'm chuffed to death with it. The day I bought a DMT diamond wet stone was the first time I really had a flat plane iron and when I got the Wolverine I had gouges that were the same grind al the time.

I made a small block to set the depth for the fingernail grind and screwed it to the underside of my grinder so setting the spindle gouges to the same each time is just a matter of a few seconds.

Great bit of kit!

I have no idea about the other bit of kit and I have no association with Wolverine other than being very satisfied with their kit.

Consider it, it's very easy to set up (I had the wolverine delivered but the whole system to do everything the sorby will is HUGE! Best suited for 8 inch grinders!)

I manage to sharpen irish grinds quite easily using the sorby and it takes about 10-20 seconds to switch if you have 1 wheel like me (wet and dry grinder) for scrapers and skews to gouges.

Advantage with the sorby if that when you screw it down to your nice new white wheel, it's screwed in using 4 slots. When you dress your wheel and it's smaller and smaller, you can keep the angles the same by sliding the sorby along a couple of mm, very simple!

I'd get a wolverine if I had a a 2 wheel 8 inch grinder setup, but with mine, new white wheels are only £11, which is a bargain!

Back