Triton Workstation Video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have recently convinced myself that the Triton Workstation is the ideal bit of kit for me. I have no workshop and can only work outside so portability is king. Tonight I lost 2 auctions for a Triton Circular Saw and Router (well done if you won these, good price but i'm tight!). I missed out on a couple of really good 2nd hand deals recently. One due to lack of funds a few months ago and the 2nd ended up not being for sale.

Anyway... What I would like to know is if any kind sole here has the Triton Workstation 2000 DVD to lend me? I would obviosly pay for postage both ways. Just want to see if it really is the right product for me. I allready have a Ferm TS but from what i have read the veratility of the Triton is just what i'm after.

Thanks and comments welcome

:)

Hi
Sorry, don't have the video but have the WC 200 with the latest Triton saw and height adjuster. Have used it extensively and am very pleased with it overall. Dust collection not great even with the kit but a good all round tool. I doubt that you will be disappointed.
I am at the point now where I am trying to make room for a 'proper' TS (woodford) and then will sell Triton to help pay for it.
I am afraid this is not going to be real soon.
Just my opinion FWIW.
Regards
Martin

thanks, i am yet to hear a bad review on it tbh. I really like the udea of the concept. However I am finding it to be a little pricey. For a work station and saw I am looking at least 350-400. Not a rip off by a long shot, but deffinately at the tip of my budget and into outer space according to the missus :wink:

Hasn't Devonwoody got a spare Triton outfit?

Noel

Wizer

I've had a triton for a few years and it's been great. I'm a relative newcomer ( I used it when doing my house up and more recently I got more involved in learning to build furniture. What you get is versatility as you have the ability to use it as an overhead saw which is useful and if you add a router table as well as using the router inverted you can also use it overhead which I have found really useful for dados and cutting tenons. That said there are to my mind a couple of draw backs ie the lack of decent crosscut facilities as the mitre track is not the type found on other machines therefore a crosscut sled is out and the fence is triangular section which makes it awkward to fit featherboards, false fences and the like.
I think I paid £329 for the table and £200 ish for the saw so it's not that cheap but pails into insignificance once you get hooked on the hand tools.
If I were in the market for a table saw I'd move up to a ' proper ' one also mainly because what I want to do has moved on and I don't want to be swapping over from saw to router etc . I picked up a video from a dealer and B&Q also show the video in their stores so they might have one you could borrow. That said your welcome to borrow mine if you want. Re telling the wife I always knock at leat £100 the price of everything.

Fatcat":2c9l9azr said:
Wizer

That said there are to my mind a couple of draw backs ie the lack of decent crosscut facilities as the mitre track is not the type found on other machines therefore a crosscut sled is out and the fence is triangular section which makes it awkward to fit featherboards, false fences and the like.

Get yourself the maxi extension table and cross cuts are easy
I now never use the crosscut mode

WiZeR":18981org said:
Hi Guys

I have recently convinced myself that the Triton Workstation is the ideal bit of kit for me. I have no workshop and can only work outside so portability is king. Tonight I lost 2 auctions for a Triton Circular Saw and Router (well done if you won these, good price but i'm tight!). I missed out on a couple of really good 2nd hand deals recently. One due to lack of funds a few months ago and the 2nd ended up not being for sale.

Anyway... What I would like to know is if any kind sole here has the Triton Workstation 2000 DVD to lend me? I would obviosly pay for postage both ways. Just want to see if it really is the right product for me. I allready have a Ferm TS but from what i have read the veratility of the Triton is just what i'm after.

Thanks and comments welcome

:)

The video shows you how to assemble the WC and other tips as far as I can remember. The DVD is mainly on the saw and table giving tips and ideas. I have both so just email me privately. You can always come and view it in action. - I have most of their kit.
The WC on Ebay at £199 + Ccarriagefrom Toolbay is the cheapest you will get. Most of the saws & routers on offer appear to come from B&Q as there have B&Q bar codes and the Triton bar code banked out. I bought 2 routers from this source at £170 + cacarriagend have only used one - the other is in its box.

mahking51":36bbb4sh said:
Hi
Dust collection not great even with the kit but a good all round tool. I doubt that you will be disappointed.
I got better results by converting my dust bucket into a cyclone bucket as is found on the Triton BB in Australia.
I then adapted the dust bag to allow collection by vacuum from below the table.
The latest is to convert the dust collection to be able to use 4" both above and below the table.

Noel":1bsyk5ok said:
Hasn't Devonwoody got a spare Triton outfit?

Noel

I have decided to hang on to my Triton workcentre for the time being owing to its versitality over my new c.i. job.

My double garage measures 17 ft but I cannot shoot more than 8ft with the big garage door open because the exit end door does not align with the new saw blade. I have got a large amount of 3mtr. timber lengths so the workcentre I think will still have its uses at the present time until I enlarge the rear exit door of my garage.

ALSO THE SPLITTER/RIVING KNIFE ON A TRITON JUST REMOVES WHEN YOU NEED TO CUT TENON TYPE JOINTS ETC. Which is not so convenient on my new c.i.job.

I have a triton 2000 workcentre including router table insert for sale. All original manuals etc in good condition £160 ono. Have upgraded to table saw, router table and sliding crosscut saw lately, so triton is now surplus to requirements.
Newport area S.Wales.

Les

Barry Burgess":1u4y55rb said:
The WC on Ebay at £199 + Ccarriagefrom Toolbay is the cheapest you will get. Most of the saws & routers on offer appear to come from B&Q as there have B&Q bar codes and the Triton bar code banked out. I bought 2 routers from this source at £170 + cacarriagend have only used one - the other is in its box.

I always wonder about some of these repeat ebay suppliers, like whether they can supply receipts and so on.

Jake":2xqg88l4 said:
I always wonder about some of these repeat ebay suppliers, like whether they can supply receipts and so on.

The majority do not supply a proper receipt/invoice. Most selling are people not companies. No VAT is being charged and I don't think they are paying taxes hence the price can be good.
It appears that E bay is a very good fence!

Hi Wizer,
If I were you I would go for the one off of Les, it sounds a good deal.
And like Fatcat I have a vid you can borrow with pleasure.
I have to say that the Triton 2000 is a brilliant well thought out piece of kit. And when you flip the carrage you can cross cut to 600mm or 24" which puts a lot of bigger & more expensive machines to shame. I first started with the previous model. Which I feel had a better ripping fence (have got the vid for that too) much more on that one. The new innovations they have now look pretty good to me.
In my opinion there is nothing in the same field that comes anywhere near it. I have an Hitachi 91/4" 1700 watter in mine and it performs great.
all the best in your venture.
e-mail me if you need anything, if I can help I will.
Trev.

oops sorry scotty but I decided to take up on Les's offer. I shall soon be a 'Tritoneer'!

Thanks for all your kind comments guys. Barry kindly sent me the DVD and Video. Sat down to watch the DVD today, can't wait to get the kit now! Didn't realise that I haven't owned a VCR for about 6yrs! I need to go out and get me a cheapy one quick so I can have Barry's tape back in good time!

I can see this Triton bug hitting me hard. Last night I won a Tirton Router on eBay for £155 :oops: Good price but I am a little wary of the seller. Have to see how it turns out. Also I am seriously thinking about the finger jointer kit.... :shock: 8)

Just don't tell the missus! :p

WiZeR":2edh7o4r said:
I can see this Triton bug hitting me hard. Last night I won a Tirton Router on eBay for £155 :oops: Good price but I am a little wary of the seller. Have to see how it turns out. Also I am seriously thinking about the finger jointer kit.... :shock: 8)

Just don't tell the missus! :p
If its the NI lot, the goods are good - I think they come from the main DIY store in the UK
Barry

Look what turned up in the post!!!

triton1.jpg

triton2.jpg

triton4.jpg

:oops: :lol:

My thoughts about the seller were kinda true. The box arrived wrapped in a plastic sheet :shock: When I got the sheet off the box had been dropped on all four corners. This was not visable from the outside. the box was also OPEN, the tape had been ripped off the bottom of the box, so this unit is deffinately not brand new. Inside everything seems ok except that rather oddly the last page of the manual has rather crudely been ripped out. Anyone with this router tell me whats on the back page of the manual?

I have tested the plunge and fit of the base plate but, just my luck, its started raining so can't give it a whirl.

More info soon! 8)

WiZeR":eo0pbi6i said:
Look what turned up in the post!!!

My thoughts about the seller were kinda true. The box arrived wrapped in a plastic sheet :shock: When I got the sheet off the box had been dropped on all four corners. This was not visable from the outside. the box was also OPEN, the tape had been ripped off the bottom of the box, so this unit is deffinately not brand new. Inside everything seems ok except that rather oddly the last page of the manual has rather crudely been ripped out. Anyone with this router tell me whats on the back page of the manual?

I have tested the plunge and fit of the base plate but, just my luck, its started raining so can't give it a whirl.

More info soon! 8)
The tape ripped off is the B&Q bar code
The back page of the manual is the warranty return to Triton.
The corners were more than likely to have been done by the carrier.
All they are trying to do is hide the source of the product.
This is how the scam is done so I am told . They go in and purchase a high value product - take it to the car and go back into the store and buy a minor item and also pickup another one of the original items - go to the checkout and pay for the minor item and show that they have paid for the expensive item already. Half priced tools to resell.

Not having that router myself I am not sure, but the guarantee registration is often on the back page. Lets hope that it is not a return that has been repaired and sold on :cry: unless it has been done properly :) . A friend of mine has a business selling garden machinery, he was telling me that he buys returns from B&Q. Some are bought back because a piece is missing, they just give out a new one and sell off the returns in job lots rather than return them to the manufacturers, why I don't know. So I bought a lawn mower off him at nearly half price lets hope you have the same luck.

Les

thanks guys, I am sure what you are saying is true and for the price i got it for you can't expect a prestige service. I've forgotton about it now anyway.. just want to play with it! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back