Triton Workstation Needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents

I'm looking to buy a triton workstation, or something similar that will allow me to use my circular saw as a table-saw.

I've tried using my saw with guides and a workmate, but finding it very hard to rip and square smaller pieces.

I can only find the triton from rutlands at £300+ which is out of my budget, and there haven't been any affordable ones on ebay for a while.

Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one cheaper than rutlands, OR of a good alternative??

ByronBlack":38c3m30m said:
Hi ladies and gents

I'm looking to buy a triton workstation, or something similar that will allow me to use my circular saw as a table-saw.

I've tried using my saw with guides and a workmate, but finding it very hard to rip and square smaller pieces.

I can only find the triton from rutlands at £300+ which is out of my budget, and there haven't been any affordable ones on ebay for a while.

Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one cheaper than rutlands, OR of a good alternative??

On E bay they go for £210 + carraige. I have bought from Toolbay on E bay with no problems - the goods are unused and manufactured in 2003/2004

You have to keep your eye on eBay, there was on one there for 199 last week and there is a great deal on there at the moment if you want the full kit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triton-2000-Workc ... dZViewItem

Personally I think if you can get that for around £300 then you've got yourself a major bargain. Even £400 would be good. I know it's over your budget but you can sell your saw to recoup a bit of the cash and you certainly won't regret buying this kit.

Thanks for the suggestion on the wolfcraft unit Matt, it looks like a really nice and useful item - not a lot of cash either, i'll definitly keep that in mind if I can't find a suitable triton.

Wizer - that triton you linked to is currently on my watching list (so no-one else bid on it!!!! :lol: :lol: )

My only concern with that is thats it from a new user with zero feedback, i'm always very wary of these.

I'll keep my eye out, but the wolfcraft looks more suited to my budget.

ByronBlack":23fqvv1h said:
My only concern with that is thats it from a new user with zero feedback, i'm always very wary of these.

Hes accepting local pickup. So you can inspect before you buy if you like.

good point!

Has anyone used the smaller triton saw table, I can't remember the name of it, but it's only about £100, I thought this might be better for me, athough the wolfcraft system looks good, anyone else used wolfcraft gear?

ByronBlack":16qsvv7s said:
good point!

Has anyone used the smaller triton saw table, I can't remember the name of it, but it's only about £100, I thought this might be better for me, athough the wolfcraft system looks good, anyone else used wolfcraft gear?

The smll table does not exist anymore - it has a 184mm saw now supplied with it and the cut depth is restricted to 45mm

I have been give a new Triton Router (still plastic wrapped) as a present but I have 2 routers including a Triton. Its for sale at £160 + carriage if anybody wants it.

Barry, they still do the small triton, I believe it's the TCB100
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=040316160&r=2131&g=116

I've just bought it, so I hope it still exists, otherwise i've just bought an empty box :lol: :lol:

I'll do a mini-review of it for those who don't or can't buy a full triton system, oh and I received my Jet 14" bandsaw with dure-edge blades, i'm so happy!! I'll post some pics of my teeny tiny workshop soon, although I have no expensive planes for gloating purposes.

ByronBlack":14ke51b0 said:
Barry, they still do the small triton, I believe it's the TCB100
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=040316160&r=2131&g=116

I've just bought it, so I hope it still exists, otherwise i've just bought an empty box :lol: :lol:

I'll do a mini-review of it for those who don't or can't buy a full triton system, oh and I received my Jet 14" bandsaw with dure-edge blades, i'm so happy!! I'll post some pics of my teeny tiny workshop soon, although I have no expensive planes for gloating purposes.

Triton in Australia has stopped doing the small mTriton except with the saw attached. You bought old stock.

The ozzies have many clubs dedicated to Trition kit. Triton is a real institution over there. It has recently been sold off to a bigger company but I think the company will stay the same. They would be silly to loose that kind of customer base.

I have been thinking that it would be nice to have a UK Triton club. I'm not sure how many they have sold over here, but it must be in the thousands.

ByronBlack I am sorry Triton UK is only selling the compact without the saw.
Woodworking Centre has a Triton return for £65 + carriage
Call phil 01604 494549 and say Barry told you - he has 2 available
A very cheap way to get a Triton compact
Hope this helps

Barry, its only the compact table I need anyway as I already have a circular saw, thanks for the contact and number, i'll give him a call, I just paid £115 at machine mart, looks like i'll be cancelling the order if Phil still has one..

I can vouche for woodworking centre, used them a couple of times. Good service and generally seemed to be the cheapest for trition kit in the uk.

Well, I just spoke to phil, and he's going to dispatch it today, all for £78 thats a saving of over £30 compared to machine mart.

Thanks for the info Barry!!

Latest posts

Back