Triton TSPS450 450W Oscillating Spindle Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve66

Established Member
Reaction score
Don’t know anything about triton tools, but I’m in the market for a bobbin sander that won’t break the bank.
been looking at the triton as a possible any thoughts?

I have the combined belt and bobbin sander by Triton and think it is very good for the money. Several about all basically from the same mould just the colour that varies really, Sealley and rutland are the same machines.

Got it, very useful and just wish it went a bit further up and down. I put mine on a flip over cart with a 6" disk/belt sander to save some space.

It's sold under about 10 different brands between here and the US and all appear identical with Clarke, Draper and Shleppach all also available in the UK. Triton at least offer a 3 year warranty on it.

I put mine on a flip over cart with a 6" disk/belt sander to save some space.

That’s exactly what I’ve done as well! Great minds think alike (or watch the same YouTube channels).

The dust extraction is also pretty decent with the sander, as long as you use the right insert ring. Replacement sleeves are easy to find and available in finer grits.

If you haven’t already got one, a belt cleaner is essential. Some people make their own from old crepe soles from shoes!

I bought the Draper version recently and have found it very good. Pretty versatile. I plan on a fence to sand straight stuff shortly.

I made a similar post recently called spindle sander could be worth a search.

I've owned the Triton bobbin sander for a few years and I'm extremely happy with it and would buy the same again without a doubt. I can highly recommend it. The sanding sleeves seem to last ages and are very durable. I clean mine, during and after every use with an inexpensive belt cleaner from Toolstation. Takes all of two seconds and keeps the sleeves almost like new.

I've got one, the only criticism I've got is that the insert rings are too thin when using the smaller drums, resulting in a step down below the table. I intend to make some shims at some point.

Just wondering would the smaller capacity 6mm bobbin on the older jet bobbin sander be more beneficial, if you could find one that is. Do you find the need to to use smaller bobbins that are on the triton?

I bought the Triton one recently as a stop gap until I find a jet unit cheap enough (I want the tilting table, but, for other reasons, didn't want the Triton with the belt)

I use it frequently, and it does the job. All I use it for is to clean up after template routing, not actually to shape work.

The insert rings thing mentioned above is an irritation. Most of the time there's good overlap on my parts but I have been frustrated by catching before.

Overall though, I'm glad of the tool as it makes a lot of difference to my work time, but, again, I'll get a jet unit when I can for the tilt (cleaning up fillets)

The combination machine has a table of which the front half tilts to either 45 or 60 deg, can't remember off the top of my head.

The combination machine has a table of which the front half tilts to either 45 or 60 deg, can't remember off the top of my head.

Yes, I know, however I really don't need the belt, and considered the position of the spindle / bobbin sub optimal for my work when in that mode.

Hence just getting the non tilting in the meen time and then will replace with the jet when the time comes.

Back