Triton TRA001 dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, which hose is that exactly?

I can't remember now which model vacuum cleaners the hoses came from. But I salvaged a couple of short pieces from a couple of broken cleaners that were being disposed of.
Any vacuum cleaner repairer is likely to have plenty of spare hoses knocking around, if you happen to have one local.

JJ1":1l5h8zqf said:
I can't remember now which model vacuum cleaners the hoses came from. But I salvaged a couple of short pieces from a couple of broken cleaners that were being disposed of.
Any vacuum cleaner repairer is likely to have plenty of spare hoses knocking around, if you happen to have one local.

OK, no worries. I was hoping someone might be able to point to a specific item they had bought that fits, but hopefully one of the hose adapters I have ordered will fit :)

I built an enclosed box with extraction under the table (same idea as the Incra clean sweep system) and use the built in extraction on the Incra fence above the table. In combination it's very effective.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I was at the local garden centre this weekend and in the ponds and fish section there was a selection of ribbed hose in various sizes (25mm, 32mm, 38mm and smaller sizes too). Its a bit stiffer than vacuum hose but would be fine for a router table where its fixed.

Photo hopefully attached...

No, maybe this time...

20160925_142410c.jpg

Yay :D

I'm very easily pleased you know.

-Neil

Attachments

• 20160925_142410c.jpg
    20160925_142410c.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 154
Neil S":oiobn62n said:
I was at the local garden centre this weekend and in the ponds and fish section there was a selection of ribbed hose in various sizes (25mm, 32mm, 38mm and smaller sizes too). Its a bit stiffer than vacuum hose but would be fine for a router table where its fixed.

Photo hopefully attached...

View attachment 20160925

-Neil

Well if anybody was considering my hoselock suggestion then forget it!

The sizes are internal diameters so I bought some of the 32mm which has an outside dia almost exactly to match the Triton.
However, no matter how I tried I couldn't get the stuff to screw into the threads on the Triton.
I ended up using a bit of rubber hose as an adaptor which works fine but anyone else would have to find some other sort of connection to the Triton.

Hope that helps.

-Neil

Come across this thread whilst searching for a solution for one of my customers. I've created adapters to match this thread if anyone is interested - www.facebook.com/CustomVacAdaptersUK

I'll post a pic when it arrives with my customer but its a plastic adapter with the thread to screw into the Triton nice and snug, with a 37mm ID port to fit a standard henry hose end, but i can do any size hose end.

Hi

Kreg table with the TRA001 router, I use extraction on the fence which works most of the time and a rhino plastic tub underneath to catch everything else, still you have to accept routing is dusty and so wear googles, respirator and ear defenders.

So my two adapters arrived. One didn't fit, but the other did.

I bought this Numatec adapter 38-32mm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311669108767

I chopped off the smallest end, and it fits pretty well.

ba52bb57a1e23643fc2d6343bc6bcce2.jpg

I could easily put some sealant in to make it completely airtight, but I think I'll leave it for the moment.

7ad04ac9a65fcdf9f36c96836faca504.jpg

If you cut the end fitting off the Numatic hose, it will screw straight into the port on the router, it's a 32mm ID, 38mm OD left hand hose.

Back