Triton TRA001 dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattRoberts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - for those that have the triton router, what are you using to connect your dust extraction? I believe it has a screw connection that fits the triton dust extractor - which I don't have.

Short of packing the inlet, does anyone know of a suitable connector?

Cheers

Hey Matt

on my last table i found some old grey ribbed hose that was exactly the right size for screwing into the triton port on the router, think it came form some dewalt gear, i then made an adapter out of some pvc plumbing off cuts that fit snugly into that tube, with a bit of bodging the other end was made so my vac hose would push onto it.

im just building my new router table which will have 3 triton routers set into it, dont have enough of the old grey ribbed hose.. so im now on with how to make a new setup, going to try and buy some hose that fits the same then build a similar setup that i can just pulg the vack onto... i will post info of anything i come up with that works

Matt are you using the router in a table or freehand?
I've found in the table I just need to have good extraction above with sufficient enclosure so the suction is effective.
I'm currently using mine in the triton router table (rta300 top on rsa300 stand) and the extraction works well.
I'm planning on building a bigger router table with proper infeed and outfeed support to make it easier to process longer lengths. I had to give up trying to rout profiles into 2 metre lengths of oak and cut them down to 1 metre to make it manageable.

Thanks giant - let me know how you get on.

Adam, I'm using it in a table. I have above table extraction sorted, but many cuts (such as stopped dados) need under table extraction.

Cheers

LancsRick":19yq3z3a said:
32mm hoover hose threads into it perfectly :).

thats good news!!!! i just order 5 meters of that & then a few seconds after paying though "or was it 35mm" :D :roll:

MattRoberts":zaqx4j5l said:
Hi all - for those that have the triton router, what are you using to connect your dust extraction? I believe it has a screw connection that fits the triton dust extractor - which I don't have.

I hadn't noticed that the protrusions on the inside of the fitting were actually a screw thread!

I'm using the "tool hose" that came with my trusty Lidl wet and dry vacuum; the end of the hose that doesn't fit on the end of the regular vacuum hose fits perfectly into exactly two things that I own: the Lidl plunge saw and the Triton router. According to my cheapo digital calliper it has an outer diameter of 34.9mm.

After giantbeat's mention of grey ribbed hose I remembered I had an old grey ribbed hose of my own - from a defunct cheap Asda vacuum cleaner. Measuring it with the calliper it does seem to be about the right diameter, maybe I should give it a go...

MattRoberts":3ntrhg75 said:
LancsRick":3ntrhg75 said:
Hmm, my hose is 32mm and is very loose - the specs say it's a 38mm inlet, which would be about right

That would gel with my experience only if it means that the ID of the inlet is 38mm at the widest, with ~1.5mm of thread on each side.

(Certainly 32mm is far too loose in mine unless LancsRick is talking about a wider hose that just happens to have a 32mm connector on the end.)

I'm currently using the tapered rubber hose adaptor from axminster.
I've also got an old washing machine waste outlet hose that looks like it should fit but I've not had a chance to try it yet.

-Neil

JakeS":30d25dfw said:
MattRoberts":30d25dfw said:
LancsRick":30d25dfw said:
Hmm, my hose is 32mm and is very loose - the specs say it's a 38mm inlet, which would be about right

That would gel with my experience only if it means that the ID of the inlet is 38mm at the widest, with ~1.5mm of thread on each side.

(Certainly 32mm is far too loose in mine unless LancsRick is talking about a wider hose that just happens to have a 32mm connector on the end.)

ohh bother, best remember to take the calipers into work to check the grey pipe this time... however if it too loose im sure a few winds of insulation tape on the hose OD will fix that

Well what I bought was labelled as 32mm and fits perfectly. That said, I've never measured it myself so maybe it was a happy mistake on the sizes?! I'll check at the weekend and confirm back.

My vacuum cleaner nozzle goes straight in, I'd not noticed it was threaded either! The nozzle tapers to let you put different attachments on.

That said, I have a 100mm hose on the box that the router sits in, no front door (yet) and the extract guard thing still on the router which restricts suction form the 100mm pipe, yet I still get very good extraction form under the table with a temporary and what should be a mediocre setup. I odn't connect the dust port to anything when it's in the table.

my calipers say 35mm OD and that has a tiny bit of wiggle in the router port (again fixed with insulation tape to fatten the OD)

i did take a pic but the forum wont add pics right now.

I used standard waste pipe, where it connects to the router just a small amount of silicone to make it air tight.

Has been in regular use for about a year with no problems

Not sure if it would be a suitable arrangement for your table setup.

I could not post any pics for some reason, if you would like to look at my table build you can see the extraction set up

router-table-build-t90615.html

Hemsby":xc5ck745 said:
I used standard waste pipe, where it connects to the router just a small amount of silicone to make it air tight.

I could not post any pics for some reason, if you would like to look at my table build you can see the extraction set up

Thanks Hemsby, that's very helpful. I see you've got the under and over extraction feeding into a single port - what extractor do you use to handle both at the same time, and does it perform well for both?

Cheers

Another vote for the vacuum cleaner hose. It screws anti-clockwise to tighten.

MattRoberts":ad9smh3k said:
Hemsby":ad9smh3k said:

Thanks Hemsby, that's very helpful. I see you've got the under and over extraction feeding into a single port - what extractor do you use to handle both at the same time, and does it perform well for both?

Cheers

I use a Draper 50ltr extractor. Seems to work very well. If I am not using the fence extractor port I put a cork in the pipe at the fence to give extra extraction under the table.

Back