Triton series2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what other tools do you have? this doesn't seem to include a router, so your gonna need to get one of those that fits this system.

For me I’d make a router table, and stick the router you have under it with a slot cutting bit, that will sort out the grooves for the rails and styles of the door. Do you have a way to cut your wood for the rails/styles and centre panels? Will you use ready sized wood

Seems to be a good bit of kit for multifunction work on site etc. If you have the various tools that fit into the "sleds" etc then go for it if you feel it will meet your needs

Have you watched Peter Millard making Shaker doors? Haven't done any yet but will be WHEN I make my new tool storage cupboard

I've got one of those that I bought new about 15 years ago for £400 IIRC.

I use it pretty often, good piece of kit. I didn't get the Triton circular saw, just use one I had, and a B&D router with the router sled.

That looks good value at £200, with more extras than I bought.

Make sure you have ear defenders. I had a work centre many years ago but as I was working from my garage in those days had the neighbours complaining.

Seeing as it has basically all the addons, if you get this for under 300 then it is a bargain considering the cost of all the extras new.

Have you watched Peter Millard making Shaker doors? Haven't done any yet but will be WHEN I make my new tool storage cupboard

Hi, I don't know who Peter Millard is i'm afraid.

Seeing as it has basically all the addons, if you get this for under 300 then it is a bargain considering the cost of all the extras new.

Thanks. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks all.

Peter Millard is a member here and has a youtube channel called "10 minute workshop" which is based around using powertools and the various types of accessories available to make furniture, mostly with manmade materials. He has a vidieo series that has shaker style stuff in it. watch here

I recently sold one of these with most of the kit including the Triton saw for 250. It was ok, quite fiddly to set up and the Triton saw was good but very loud!

That kit you show has a router table with it. I've just sold all my kit and used to work for Triton and demonstrate it. It is solid kit and once it's set up it's great, that router table shown was a later model than mine and has got a better set of clamps and guards. My main reason for selling was that there was lots of kit and decided to downsize. Made a 7ft gate with it and their biscuit system 20 years ago and still solid! Biggest draw back for me saw blade no tilt. Just bought a Bosch table saw and it opened my eyes to how good the older Triton stuff was, I've read the newer kit isn't as good. Shaker style doors would be problem with a kit like that.

Back