Triton Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya

I have one set into my workbench

DSC_6286.jpg

They are OK, I paid 50 quid from B&Q when they were getting rid of them from stock. Biggest issue is it is not perfectly flat and the fence needs tweaking to get vertical. I have used it a lot and for general woodwork it is great but not really accurate enough for precision work. I will replace to with a proper flat router table at some point but it works OK for now.

HTH

I've got one of those in the 'shop which i've hardly used. Been meaning to put it on e-bay. If you're interested, drop me a PM, although postage could be a pain - not sure if i've got packaging big enough for it.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks guys. I've got a large lump of some 12mm Laboratory bench top that would make a great start for a router table, do you think I'd be better off making my own?

woodpig":1un3xe9b said:
Thanks guys. I've got a large lump of some 12mm Laboratory bench top that would make a great start for a router table, do you think I'd be better off making my own?

It sort of depends a bit on the work you want to do. The Triton will get you going for a great price and will be fine if you take care in setup etc. If you build your own, you will need a mounting plate for the router, a fence system and probably guide rails for feather boards etc. but you will end up with a better and more accurate table if you make it well.

If I was starting in your position I would probably go for the Rutlands table which seems like a lot for the money and looks inherently more accurate that the Triton, others may comment as I have not seen the table ion person but the reviews are good.

cutting42":54z6gvy3 said:
woodpig":54z6gvy3 said:

It sort of depends a bit on the work you want to do. The Triton will get you going for a great price and will be fine if you take care in setup etc. If you build your own, you will need a mounting plate for the router, a fence system and probably guide rails for feather boards etc. but you will end up with a better and more accurate table if you make it well.

If I was starting in your position I would probably go for the Rutlands table which seems like a lot for the money and looks inherently more accurate that the Triton, others may comment as I have not seen the table ion person but the reviews are good.

I am thinking about buying the one from Rutlands and have two cheapish routers a wickes own brand and a bosch,can you tell me if these would fit the router plate or more importantly how you get round it if not...it looks like a good deal for the money but obviously not if I have to buy another router...

I have had my Triton router table (and router ) for 9 years and it has done everything I have asked of it.

Easy to remove the router from table as well if you want to swap to hand held router.

Guard system good, fence is very adaptable for different operations as well. and mitre gauge system perfect.

If you can pick up the 2000 workcentre stand it all folds away when not in use.

Back