TRITON ROUTER STUCK INNER PART OF COLLE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notters

Reaction score
Just bought a Triton router. Fitted 1/2 inch collet and a straight router cutter. Undid collet and took out the cutter but the outer part of the collet separated from the inner part which remains firmly stuck in the router. Any ideas ?

I've had this happen once. No guarantees but what I did was get a machine screw with head just slightly smaller than the 1/2" hole in the collet shaft and put it in head first until I could feel the edge "notch" over the small step formed by the bottom of the collet and the main shaft. I was then able to pull and the collet came out.

I've had this happen once. No guarantees but what I did was get a machine screw with head just slightly smaller than the 1/2" hole in the collet shaft and put it in head first until I could feel the edge "notch" over the small step formed by the bottom of the collet and the main shaft. I was then able to pull and the collet came out.
Tried that but could not get the screw head under the bottom of the inner piece of the the collet because the central router design. I n the end I squirted WD 40 around the top of the inner collet and twisted it with a pair of pliers. Success !

Back