Triton router not working

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea gem

Reaction score
Had a bad day went to switch my triton router on which is mounted in my router table . Power on but will not turn have checked switch and brushes all fine power getting to armature but noting turning has any one had this happen .the router was working fine just two days ago no smell of burning . never been over worked for a 2000w would appreciate any advice before I spend money on new one Regards mike

Sounds like the stator coil windings have burned out. Not worth repairing on a £40 Screwfix router. Triton stuff is just plain disposable. I'd suggest looking at something a bit better for the next one. For occasional use, try the JCB 1/2" router at around £85.

Not worth repairing on a £40 Screwfix router. Triton stuff is just plain disposable

I think you have your brands mixed up. The question was referring to Triton, not Titan.

Usually caused by dust getting into the switch, unassemble the switch and clean with luck you will have a smile on your face again. (happened three times over the ten years of my Triton TR001).

Yes as devonwoody says have a look at the switch for dust build-up, I've had this a few times over the years so its now my first point of investigation when nothing seems obvious.

the OP said "checked switch and brushes all fine power getting to armature" so IMO it's not likely to be a dusty switch

Ah but how does he know that power is getting to the brushes because surely if it was and the brushes are in contact with the armature then there should be sparks and a burning smell if there is no motor rotation

Perhaps you have not put that speed regulator lump at the top back in the correct position/procedure, that can be tricky.

Latest posts

Back