Triton router baseplate screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with the triton router confirm the baseplate screws thread. I think there 1/4" UNC (I read in on here somewhere).
I've just got mine and need some longer ones to fix it to the table so if anyone knows of a link to an online supplier that would be helpful too.

Thanks
cd

Yes, that's the correct thread size. They are a bit difficult to get hold of. Try these people, who do not have a minimum order (so they tell me). I'm going to visit them next week (they're about 12 miles from me), so I could pick you some up if you get stuck and pop them in a jiffy bag.

Ray.

Thanks Ray,
I'll call them in the morning and see what they can do.
If they can't post out to me I might take you up on your offer

cd

Hi Ray

Argee":2n38jdcm said:
They were the first place I rang when I was after screws - they may have the original short countersunk baseplate screws, but they don't supply the longer version.

Thanks for that. It must just be the full range of Triton original parts that they stock.

Thanks
Neil

Newbie_Neil":3gz66mzt said:
Hi Ray
Thanks for that. It must just be the full range of Triton original parts that they stock.
Thanks
Neil
You're welcome!

Strictly speaking, the longer screws, with which to hang the router undeneath a table, are not a Triton spare part anyway. :eek:

As the router is designed to fit the Triton table, which uses turn-key clamps, it's no wonder that they don't come as a Triton spare part.

Anyway, I'm going to visit what I believe will be a good local source, so I'll report back towards the end of the week. :)

Ray.

Argee":zoe7lda5 said:
Newbie_Neil":zoe7lda5 said:
Hi CD

The Woodworking Centre has stock of all Triton spare parts.
They were the first place I rang when I was after screws - they may have the original short countersunk baseplate screws, but they don't supply the longer version.

Ray.

Tried there myself too but no luck.
Managed to pick some up from here this afternoon, good over the counter service and they look like they stock pretty much any nut/bolt/screw you might want.
8 for £2 wasn't bad either :)

cd

I visited Precision Technology Supplies Ltd. today and collected a small stock of 1/4" UNC in both 1/2" and 5/8" pan head/phillips drive. They also stock a countersunk (allen key) version, so I've a few of those too. As expected, a regular source if anyone should need them in the future.

Ray.

Well i gordered some 1/2 inch screws which arrived today but only just reach the router when used with a Trend router plate so anyone found any longer ones. I would prefer 3/4 or even an inch.

Call these guys: http://www.pts-uk.com/prodrng.htm

Ask for 3/4 long 1/4 UNC machine bolts - a choice of heads are available, hexy key pozidrive etc. They take orders over the phone and post out. I ordered about 5 sets from these guy's recently, got the bolts within a day or two, excellent service alround and very easy to deal with.

Doh - sorry, just noticed Argee said the same thing - I must learn to read the full thread.

Since Australia is an all-metric country, how come Triton uses imperial threads? Very tedious!

Since Australia is an all-metric country, how come Triton uses imperial threads? Very tedious

Not only that, but the thread rate is not good from an engineering point of view, being so coarse, a finer thread would have been better.

Alan

cd

I tapped mine out to 8mm and they hold it much more securely in the table

Latest posts

Back