Triton Price drops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
From friday the prices of Triton are dropping
The Workcentre from £289 to £199
The saw will be £189
Router table £99
The metal cutoff saw from £289 to £199
Multistand £30
The drops are across the country including B&Q so I am told
I am just a Triton user.

Woodythepecker":ls1y4rby said:
What about the router, is that going down in price?

Regards

Woody

There is no drop in the router price as there is a shortage. This will take until end of december to sort out

Howjoe":3bry1u7i said:
Are the reduced prices due to newer models coming out soon?

Cheers

Howard
I think it is a bit of both, sales of all DIY equipment are down in the UK and the Workcentre is supposed to get an fixed induction motor and a cast top.
Most of the production /assembly is moving to China from Australia so costs should drop.

The price drop might be down to the fact that Triton are now part of the GMC group who make the Performance Pro stuff for B&Q. Where does this leave Triton as a brand in the long termI wonder?
The new router is a smaller version of the TR001, about 1400watt I think, soon to be launched here. As far as I am aware, it's still 1/2in collet, and also has the same features that make the original so unique.

Andy

andy king":2piuuaih said:
The price drop might be down to the fact that Triton are now part of the GMC group who make the Performance Pro stuff for B&Q. Where does this leave Triton as a brand in the long termI wonder?
The new router is a smaller version of the TR001, about 1400watt I think, soon to be launched here. As far as I am aware, it's still 1/2in collet, and also has the same features that make the original so unique.

Andy
The performance pro will disappear at B&Q and be replaced by a new name - that might sound german - ie quality???
GMC/ Triton the same as Black & Decker/Dewalt thats the comparison they are selling.
There is a problem with their router production in China. It could be the smaller model?

PaulH":37sn4qx1 said:
Has anyone seen suppliers offering these reduced prices?

Paul.
Yes at the Woodworking centre (Sharpend) 01604494549
The WC £199
Saw £185
Multistand £30
That all I checked

Barry Burgess":ziwa0fwf said:
http://www.sharpend-uk.com/SPECIALS.pdf

Check these prices out - a router for £199

Not really special when, for example, they have just reduced the multi-stand to £30 anyway. I think if the product has been used, even in a show, it should be cheaper than the full price boxed alternative.

Having said that, £30 for the new one is a good price and I have locked my credit card away to stop my buying!! :wink:

WiZeR":2fsp9eru said:
Barry Burgess":2fsp9eru said:
http://www.sharpend-uk.com/SPECIALS.pdf

Check these prices out - a router for £199

Not really special when, for example, they have just reduced the multi-stand to £30 anyway. I think if the product has been used, even in a show, it should be cheaper than the full price boxed alternative.

Having said that, £30 for the new one is a good price and I have locked my credit card away to stop my buying!! :wink:

Check on the used (Demo) multistand it will be £20 tomorrow or phone to day and ask for David

BARRY!

My missus will hunt you down you know! :wink:

.....Thanks

andy king":2pvz0nzy said:

Andy

Andy two people who have visited the Triton factory over the last week have said that there are no new routers in the release due soon.

I called The Wood Working Centre yesterday about those multi stands. The Multi Stand (£25) and a Set of Wheels (£13) Plus Delivery (£16) = £54

Multi Stand and Wheels in B+Q = £45

WiZeR":1z786qa9 said:
I called The Wood Working Centre yesterday about those multi stands. The Multi Stand (£25) and a Set of Wheels (£13) Plus Delivery (£16) = £54

Multi Stand and Wheels in B+Q = £45

Sorry I got one for £20. Their carraige is always high.
B&Q will drop their prices soon I am told

Cheers Barry, i'm not in the market for a router stand. Multi Stand and wheels are next on my list.. then, next year, a sliding table.

Back