Triton Bench Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petey83

Established Member
Reaction score
After losing some skin tonight trying to sand some small block tea light holders I've made up using a ROS I'm thinking about adding a bench sander to my want list for sometime this year.

My initial thinking was a belt / disc combo machine but in my budget I seem limited to 6 inch discs which I fear may be to small but of way of knowing as I've never used one. The belt would be fine for me as I'm really only doing serving boards and maybe the odd mirror frame - nothing to big and heavy. My go to was a record BDS150

I came accross this offering from Triton

https://www.yandles.co.uk/triton-450w-o ... 450/p20998

A quick Google shows it to be generic Chinese and it has mixed reviews but I wanted to hear from real world owners here as on paper it ticks my boxes and the spindles sanding feature would be a great bonus for some heart shaped tea light holders I have on the to do list.

My budget form whatever I get is only £200 so of there is anything else worth considering I'd love to know.

Although I don't own one, when I do get round to getting one it will be the Triton badged version as I already have some Triton kit (mainly routers in tables) but I like the quality and the thought that went into their designs. Even though the TSPST450 looks the same as all the other "generic" versions, as with many of these tools each manufacturer will specify differing levels of quality regarding components even though they all sell at around the same price. From my experience those who are known to just be badge engineering importers (Charnwood) tend to stack high with very cheap components and go for as big a margin as possible rather than actually give a quality tool.
Just something to ponder on

I own one of the clones and find it invaluable for all sanding especially band saw box's, with a vacuum attached the dust extraction is quite good, but I do have a very large vacuum, Triton make the most economical belts and sanding drums, recommended.

Back