Triton 2000 Router Table - Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
As anyone who has a Triton 2000 Router table will know that it has 38mm extraction to the fence.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=triton ... 29,r:5,s:0

I would like to change this to 63mm ..... but cannot think of a way of doing this without messing up the hold down feature of the the current extraction port, which I find useful.

Just wondering if anybody has done this and if so how please?

I recently installed one of these.
First up what a fiddly business. But well worth the effort.
Why do you want to fit a bigger extraction port? From my experience it works perfectly, bear in mind that a bigger port will probably flow the air more slowly and may well lessen the effectiveness of the extraction.
Just a thought.
Chunko'.

Hi Chunko
I have a twin motor Camvac and with one motor on there is not enough suck, but with both motors running there is too much suck as I have to reduce from 63 to 38. Additionally I could reduce the run length by using 63mm as the supplied 38mm hose it longer than necessary (don't want to cut it in case I ever decide to sell the router table).

Hi Brian
Thanks for the link. I am trying to avoid using reducers as currently I am reducing from 63mm hose to the Triton supplied 38mm hose. The latter "clicks" into the fence port on the router table. What I am looking to achieve is replace the 38mm fence port with a 63mm fence port, but keep the hold down function that the existing fence port has. I'll try and take some photos to show what I mean tomorrow.

To hopefully explain my dilemma better I have attached some photos below.

This is the model of Triton router table that I am referring to...... somewhere between 10-12 years old.
002.JPG

This is the port that I would like to change from 38mm to 63mm.
001 - Copy.JPG

Port with the supplied hose clicked into position.
004.JPG

This is the hold down part of the port assembly that I do not wish to lose.
003.JPG

Any help with this dilemma would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 001 - Copy.JPG
    001 - Copy.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG