Triton 1100 w planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hammer n nails":t8qge21c said:
Hi does anyone know the size of the dust port is it 4"
Nope, about 50 - 60mm. I'll measure it tomorrow if you need to know.
I made a new dust chute with a vertical 4" outlet.

Thanks robbo, just orderd one my old planer was 100mm have looked evreywhere to find the size so will have to get an adappter 100 down to what ever size the dust port is
How do you find the machine good? I had an ageing delta but gave up and died last week

I've got the TPT125, my dust extraction is piped around in 63mm rigid pipe with blast gates. I found that a turn of self adhesive draft excluder around the port on the thicknesser allowed a piece of rigid 63mm pipe to be a good seal when pushed onto it, the flexible to the blast gate then fits directly on that.

You can blame Health and Safety.
A 100 mm port would allow a darwinian reject to stick their hand in and get their fingers chopped off.
Thats why all machines nowadays have undersized or partly blocked ports.
I cut a bigger hole in my dust hood and glued 63 mm in. no blockages at all.

sunnybob":20bepj8n said:
A 100 mm port would allow a darwinian reject to stick their hand in and get their fingers chopped off.
My Metabo that I bought a few months ago has a strange setup. It actually has both a larger 100mm port, but permanently captured within in it is a smaller (I think around 60mm) port. I wondered why this was.

Bodgers":1mcobu90 said:
sunnybob":1mcobu90 said:
My Metabo that I bought a few months ago has a strange setup. It actually has both a larger 100mm port, but permanently captured within in it is a smaller (I think around 60mm) port. I wondered why this was.
My axminster 350 bandsaw has a 100 mm port at the bottom of the lower wheel cabinet. All well and good, but an silly person could put his hand inside and get caught by the lower wheel. So they welded a steel plate across 3/4" of the hole.
Result? no hands in danger, no dust removed. NFB.

My little Titan bandsaw had a cross of the sheet steel casing left in the in the port reducing its area by about 20% until it met a small angle grinder and file.

Well the new machine arrived today, well pleased with it, took it out of the box added the bits and bobs quick lubrication put a chunk of yew through and a great finish no sanding required and a lot quieter than my old machine (delta) and a lot cheaper so well pleased

hammer n nails":i0ugdv9o said:
Well the new machine arrived today, well pleased with it, took it out of the box added the bits and bobs quick lubrication put a chunk of yew through and a great finish no sanding required and a lot quieter than my old machine (delta) and a lot cheaper so well pleased
Are you still pleased with your purchase?

Nope, about 50 - 60mm. I'll measure it tomorrow if you need to know.
I made a new dust chute with a vertical 4" outlet.
Robbo,

I know this is an old thread, but do you have any images of your chute? I have the TPT125 and I now have a HVLP dust system so I want to fit a 100mm port.

Cheers,

Rich

Robbo,
I know this is an old thread, but do you have any images of your chute? I have the TPT125 and I now have a HVLP dust system so I want to fit a 100mm port.

Thicknesser Shavings Extractor 1.jpg

Internal baffles

Thicknesser Shavings Extractor 2.jpg

Back