Trimming tenon shoulders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Quick question folks,

I intend practising some mortice and tenon joints this weekend and wondered if it would be possible to use a wooden rebate plane to trim the shoulders if it is necessary. Obviously a LV medium shoulder plane would be the weapon of choice but I currently cannot justify it (or afford it).

Thanks,

Gordon :)

Eloquently put Alf. "Yes"! Impressive. Can I use it some time? A definitive statement. Nothing ambivelent here. No seeds of doubt. Certainty. Conviction. Assertive. Ego strength. "Yes" - I like that.

Are you sure?

Regards from Perth :lol: :p

Derek (no, not smoking anything - it is Friday evening here, and it has been a long week!)

You know it's worth being able to do the occasional one word answer just for the reaction it always gets. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

You know chaps, for full comic effect, it really doesn't work unless it's the first answer to a new thread. And a bald "yes" or "no" for preference. Good effort, but some of us have it, and most of you don't :wink:

Cheers, Alf :roll:

Ah, but I was going for the smallest answer (least number of letters).
In that case, why not just 'K...? :wink: Tell me, has Mornington Crescent made it beyond these eccentric isles? This whole discussion has more than a passing similarity... And I can only hope Gordon got enough of an answer to his original question from that "yes", 'cos the rest of this thread ain't gonna help him much. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

See what you started :D

No, not heard of Mornington Crescent. What is it when at home?

I see you missed my last post - between your last one and Frank's. Yes, that's right, nothin' there. Now how it THAT for a short reply!! :lol:

Regards from Perth

Derek

No, not heard of Mornington Crescent. What is it when at home?
Possibly I should spare you... but what the heck. There's a very silly radio programme called "I'm sorry I haven't a clue...", and one of the regular features is Mornington Crescent wherein the panelists call out names of London Underground stations (silly me, of course that wouldn't translate well down under would it?) apparently at random. Rules, gambits and names for opening moves are earnestly discussed as they go, until one player finds themselves able to announce "Mornington Crescent" and wins the game. Many people ask what the rules are, and some very tragic people have even invented some. The key of the thing is, of course, there are no rules. It's just an extended (very extended) send up of chess and other overly complicated games with lots of "in" language associated with them. e.g. "Kretzmer variant of the 1923 Rules (reverse diagonals allowed on passing Go; season tickets permitted on Sundays etc etc)" or the "Helsinki Rules". There are a few transcripts here which may or may not confuse you further. If all else fails we'll have to send Samantha round to explain...

Anyway, you can probably see the similarity. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

alf the poor lad will be well and truly confused now ??with us poms.

alf have you been to any c/boots ,i went to one and picked up 1000 frued no0 biscuits in a nice box for (£1) vroom vroom \:D/

Blimey..

Ask a simple question and see what happens. Big "Thank You" to Alf for answering my question and to everyone else for ignoring it!

Got to love you guys :D :D 8)

Ah, I thought. Here's a new thread in Hand Tools, and with a healthy number of responses.

:p

Latest posts

Back