Trimming Skirting Boards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

There was a thread recently, which I failed to find, about tiling under skirting boards.

At the time I suggested buying a cheap biscuit jointer and cutting the skirting with it.

I've just come across the Virutex skirting cutting router, which to me looks just like a modified biscuit jointer.

rz70m.jpg

For those who are interested it costs 400GBP.

Cheers
Neil

I've cut my skirting boards with a biscuit jointer - so can confirm it works!

My only reservation is being able to get a deep enough cut. Lamello have a couple of extra settings for extra deep and max - I had to cut at Max and it was a hair width less than the full depth of the skirting board, - so I didn't get any muck/plaster into the blade. One hit with a chisel and the whole piece split away.

Adam

It must have taken for ever, would it not be easier to take the skirting off the wall, rip it and stick it back, or am I missing an important point?

Also, if the skirting is still on the wall, how do you place you last floor board? Or is this only if you tile?

Arbortech make a blade specifically for cutting skirtings to fit laminate floors under. It fits in any 115-125 angle grinder. It's the Tuff Cut blade. I saw it in a recent Brimarc leaflet.

Back