Trimmer Router table design layout suggestions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny

Established Member
Reaction score
Over the past few years I have knocked up a couple of crude trimmer router tables from chipboard and plywood to complete various projects and they have been very successful .
I have had in my mind for some time to build some portable tables on castors for my Trimmer router and Jigsaw and purchased 2x wooden filing cabinets . The tops measure 640mm x 450mm and into that I'm looking to drop 120mm square router/jigsaw inserts and some T tracks. The idea is to roll the cabinet tables under and out from my workbench and also use them to support sheets for ripping etc

I have looked at dozens of DIY mini tables on youtube but still not entirely sure how best to construct this .....ie where to best position the router on the top and where to place the tracks .
How best to construct a fence that is easy to fix, adjust and remove without requiring complicated and expensive clamps and adjusting systems.

I'd appreciate any ideas you may have particularly if you can provide links to construction videos or images etc.

router insert plate.jpg

Last edited:
I am surprised that no one appears to know how to set out T Tracks on a small router table ???:unsure:

What I needed to know I suppose is how the Tracks are generally used which would largely determine their placement.

I eventually asked a youtube woodworker in the US who has kindly given me some very detailed help and insight .
The next problem is finding a supplier in the UK who has stock of 900mm coloured T track ....even Axminster has no stock atm

Banggood uk or banggood china if you want the same product but cheaper but with longer delivery there are literally 1000's tables / designs up on tinterwebby, it just needs you to work out which one suits you best ! Only needs to be as complicated as your end use dictates

thanks for the linkys chaps I'll order up a length :)

looks like they can't ship 800mm+ from China so I had to order 2x 400mm ...on reflection I could probably have ordered those from Axminster ...hey ho.

Last edited:
Back