Tried to buy a laptop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ByronBlack":1isyy44l said:
P.S Microsoft do not own a large chunk of the company, back in the day Microsoft were forced to invest in apple to avoid creating a Monopoly, Apple now owns the majority of its own company.

40% is a large chunk. I did not say a majority

I won't be drawn into a Mac vs. PC debate. I stand by my initial comment. If DW goes down the MAC route then he has a steep learning curve.

WiZeR":2h6xhtes said:
ByronBlack":2h6xhtes said:
If DW goes down the MAC route then he has a steep learning curve.

I emphatically disagree with this sweeping statement.

There have been many, many independent research exercises into whether PC's or Mac's are easier to learn how to use and Macs consistently come out ahead of PC's.

DW - the poll will reflect market share ..which as we all know is greater for the PC.

dedee - if you're reading this thread would you care to comment as IIRC you worked in a PC environment but went down the Mac route for personal use.

I am a pc user at the present time. I have a lot of PC software which I wouldn't want to dump again like Sony vhs issue.

So I am most probably a commited pc user from now on

WiZeR":2sh7b5k1 said:
Mac users are devoutly loyal.

We'll agree to disagree :wink:

For me, this argument is as old as the hills and i'm not that fussed about arguing the point. I was trying to offer my advice to DW. He now obviously has both sides of the story.

WiZeR":2n0bjtin said:
WiZeR":2n0bjtin said:
Mac users are devoutly loyal.

We'll agree to disagree :wink:

For me, this argument is as old as the hills and i'm not that fussed about arguing the point. I was trying to offer my advice to DW. He now obviously has both sides of the story.

Wizer I agree, the reason why I wrote a rambling reply was becuase the information you provided regarding the mac was completely wrong and infactual, I've used both platforms for many years and have based my decisions on experience, I just feel that if someone wants some advice on a computer they should be provided with real facts from both sides and not wild statements.

Not used Apple extensively altho I know a lot of people who like them a lot. Similarly, there are a lot of people that prefer PC's. What is always apparant, is that the argument is like one of those where everyone, in a a round-a-about sorta way is actually agreeing.

John: For example, I like TVR's. Not as as reliable or practical as a Honda but their unreliability is part of their charm.

Jim: Honda's really are reliable. I love mine. Wouldn't have one of those unreliable TVR's for all the tea in China.

John: Have you ever tried a TVR? I don't see how you can say their unreliable unless you've owned and driven one on a daily basis!

Jim: They just have a poor reputation that everyone knows about...

John: But Honda's are for old people and old people probably couldn't handle a TVR.

And so it goes on, and on, and on...

Apple = Honda
PC = TVR

Both have their merits and both have foibles that their precious owners prefer to ignore.

One thing is for sure... All man made things are designed to go wrong at some point.

matt":283bhuh4 said:
Not used Apple extensively altho I know a lot of people who like them a lot. Similarly, there are a lot of people that prefer PC's. What is always apparant, is that the argument is like one of those where everyone, in a a round-a-about sorta way is actually agreeing.

John: For example, I like TVR's. Not as as reliable or practical as a Honda but their unreliability is part of their charm.

Jim: Honda's really are reliable. I love mine. Wouldn't have one of those unreliable TVR's for all the tea in China.

John: Have you ever tried a TVR? I don't see how you can say their unreliable unless you've owned and driven one on a daily basis!

John: But Honda's are for old people and old people probably couldn't handle a TVR.

Apple = Honda
PC = TVR

Both have their merits and both have foibles that their precious owners prefer to ignore.

One thing is for sure... All man made things are designed to go wrong at some point.

Completely flawed argument, the comparison is not like for like, and my argument is based on using both machines extensively, therefore my conclusions are valid compared to someone who's basing their opinions on reputation and social comment. The argument on which is better will always rage, but my point was that someone looking for advice should be provided with user-experiences and real facts on both sides before being able to make an informed decision.

ByronBlack":21sz8g1w said:
matt":21sz8g1w said:

Apple = Honda
PC = TVR

Completely flawed argument, the comparison is not like for like, and my argument is based on using both machines extensively, therefore my conclusions are valid compared to someone who's basing their opinions on reputation and social comment. The argument on which is better will always rage, but my point was that someone looking for advice should be provided with user-experiences and real facts on both sides before being able to make an informed decision.
Yes. I agree with you. But you're still wrong.

Don't take me too seriously... :wink:

Back