Tricel-Novo-Sewage-Treatment-Plant

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
Sorry, can't offer any advice, but good luck with all of that!! Hopefully the filter is in a 'clean-ish' part of the system.
I had to supervise my daughter's tank being emptied. I was gagging within 30 seconds :LOL: :LOL:. The guy that did it wasn't even wearing gloves and was getting some of the waste over his clothing. I asked him how he coped with smelling of crrap all the time, he shrugged his shoulders and said, you just get used to it. I was thinking, I'm glad i don't have to get used to smelling of $h!te all day. I was waiting for him to get his sandwiches out while the tank emptied.

Not familiar with this particular system but I suspect that the filter is on the input side of the blower, well away from any sewage nasties!
These systems are best serviced by suitable contractors. The solids have to be kept at the correct levels …not all removed, insufficient solids for the bacteria to work on and you will get a very smelly system - the contractor should take a sample and do a timed sedimentation test. Outflows should be sampled to ensure compliance with the ‘general binding rules’.

Makes our simple Balmoral tank look pretty crude. When we lived outside Milton Keynes, we had a wonderful guy who came round with an ancient ex-Water Board tanker, and was a fund of stories in the Blaster Bates mould. The guy who has just emptied our's had the biggest, whitest and smartest tanker I've ever seen. Very good, but not so many stories.

There is a hill farm not that far from me and there sewage system is just several covered pits in a field where the sewage decomposes naturally and the effluent drains away, never gets emptied because of natural decomposition providing you dont use modern chemical toilet cleaning products. The nettles growing around the place do look very large and healthy!

The nettles growing around the place do look very large and healthy!
My Dad used to work with someone whose brother worked at the local sewage works. He'd sometimes come into work with bags of tomatoes after his brother had harvested a bumper crop.

I had a look inside last evening, happy to report no nasty odours and everything remarkably clean, at the output end anyway.
I'd like more info before I go any further.
There seems very little tutorial type info about them I guess they prefer to create more jobs, courses etc.

There is a hill farm not that far from me and there sewage system is just several covered pits in a field where the sewage decomposes naturally and the effluent drains away, never gets emptied because of natural decomposition providing you dont use modern chemical toilet cleaning products. The nettles growing around the place do look very large and healthy!
Our lodge is one of 90 on a site with a sewage reed bed at the bottom of the hill that feeds into the Tamar I think.

Seems to work, I guess it has all year to digest the summer seasons poo!!!

I have a unit very similar. The plastic filter/aeration medium doesn't normally need cleaning - although hair tends to accumulate on the top of it. A good skoosh with a hosepipe is all it really needs after the tank has been emptied. The most important maintenance is on the airpump itself. The pump will have air filters which need changing/cleaning and may need rubber diaphragm replacing every year or three.

Back