Trial chat forum ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gidon,
Great stuff! Lets give it go everyone. :D If we could just arrange a time, it could be a lotta fun. Honest!
best regards,
Philly :D

Hehe,

well a few of us seem to have logged in all at different times....

Seems to work fine and is not slow (at least from my works mega fast server anyway), perhaps we could arrange a time when people are likely to log in and chat - any preference?

Some early choices to get the ball rolling could be -

Sunday evenings say 7pm - 10pm

weekday lunchtime (for people who have sloooooww dial up at home)

late one evening - since the most registered users ever browsing the forums was 22 at 11:10pm one thursday evening, what were you doing guys and gals?

Any other suggestions welcome, especially as some users are not UK based!

Steve.

Thanks for trying it out. I found it a little slow - so am looking at a few alternatives. So it may change but will still be at same address.

Lunch times sounds a good idea to me. Say 12-1pm? As does the Sunday evening slot. But the idea was also that people just log in when the browsing the forum for a chat as and when.

Cheers

Gidon

Devonwoody -

"Lunchtime 12 - 2pm"

Presumably you aren't self-employed!

Lunchtime for me, if I'm lucky, is 15 minutes to scoff a couple of sandwiches, sometime between 12- 2pm.

Regards, John (North Devon, which bit do you occupy?)

Gidon,

We'll give it a go, why not? Charley was looking into a chat facility for a while (I think the one available for this type of board is maybe a little slow, but it does - I think - tell you who's in the chat room from the main forum page, which is nice) but it got shelved for a couple of reasons. Not least 'cos it was thought everyone would be outside of an evening enjoying the sun until the autumn... Yeah. Right. :roll:

However... I'm afraid we have to do a bit of legalish stuff here, sorry. :( UKWorkshop has to make it clear that it doesn't take responsibility for the content or management of that chat room. It should also be clear that it is unmoderated.

And yes, that was one of the other reasons an "official" chat room got shelved... :( It's a shame the world's got like that, but there you go. But don't let it put anyone off; just don't complain to us if anything, heaven forbid, should go pear-shaped. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,
Fair enough! Innocent that I am I didn't even consider stuff like that. You're right you know (damn :lol: )
I'm still happy to give it a (unofficial :D ) shot, though.
cheers,
Philly :D

Lunchtime 12-2 and then siesta 1 hour. If the boss can't find me some work to do.

Residence in Devon: The Best Bit. (Paignton).

Alf - ok, well let's see how it goes. I have added a welcome comment along the lines you mention. If it works out - who never know maybe Charley will decide to host one here :D.

But anyone feel free to contact me (pm if more appropriate) if there are any problems - technical or otherwise.

OK - let's go for the 12-2pm slot weekdays, and 7-10 slot Sunday's. And of course anytime you fancy a chat - you never know - someone else may be wanting one too! You can always just send a mail to this thread - saying you're online!

Perhaps somedays we could introduce a theme? Like sharpening, cutting dovetails, gps receivers - you know the scam!

Cheers

Gidon

Gidon,

That's great. Ta muchly. Pity we have to consider these things at all really. :roll:

Can't make it this lunchtime, gotta be out :( Have fun.

Cheers, Alf

I'm outa' here on hols from this 'arvo. So feel free to play while I'm away - and please let me know if you have any suggestions!
Cheers
Gidon

Alors, Mlle Alf is to be found dans le chat until at least a huit heurs et demi (8.30).

A bientot, Alf

See what having a filled baguette for your tea does to you? :shock:

Edit: for the hard-of-remembering, that's http://ukwchat.webhop.net :wink:

Secondary edit: dans le chat does not mean that the cat ate me :roll:

And you left as I arrived :oops:

Did i forget to wash, was it the mdf i picked up for a friend (honest) :roll:

Bean

Back