Tri wing bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Tried something a little different this afternoon - made a tri-wing bowl trinket dish. (Made from a cube so how does it end up with three wings, not four - makes my head hurt!)

72D17544-6370-48BE-89C9-2EB517B50D04.jpeg

Made from a cube so how does it end up with three wings, not four
We'd need photo's from other perspectives - particularly from the top - to have any chance of answering that.

We'd need photo's from other perspectives - particularly from the top - to have any chance of answering that.

Thanks J-G - it was more of a rhetorical / ironic question - the cube was turned between corners so you do this three wing effect from the diagonal section of the six faces - still makes me smile though - a triangle out of a cube, turned on something designed to make cylinders!

Simon, that looks great, what size is it? Definitely something I want to try, what wood is it?

This one is only small - started with a 3” cube.

Not 100% sure of wood as came out of box of off cuts I keep under bandsaw to burn or use as waste blocks etc. Think it may be sapele or iroko - close, straight n boring grain. Tiny bit oily / waxy to work with.

Simon

Great job. They are enjoyable to make, I made my first one quite a few years ago and certainly have to remember the corners flying about;)

Back