Trend Uk web site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
In preparation for the eagerly awaited arrival of my first router I have been trying to download some of the literature from the Trend site without success. Now this could be a problem with the proxy servers/firewall in use here.
Would anyone else like to have a go and let me know.

eg Their Routing - A Guide to Getting Started

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/library ... tstart.pdf

thanks

AndyP

Hi Andy,

Right clicking the link and saving tells me it's a 584kb PDF but it isn't half slow in saving, this machine is on the NHS network and it's only transferring at 500 bytes / sec. maybe there's a problem with the trend server? either that or it's running on an old ZX81.... :D

jim

(reckons it'll take 20 minutes at this rate)

Also... just clicking the link does nothing for me - i think the transfer is so slow that windows doesn't twig i've asked for a PDF so acrobat doesn't even start up...

jim

Ouch. Getting slower and slower even as I watch :shock: I think Jim may have a point - although maybe a ZX Spectrum...? Ah, loading programmes from a cassette recorder; those were the days. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Slow from here as well but it did finish downloading eventually. PM me if you want me to send it to you as an email attachment.

Andrew

looks to me that someone's tied a bowline in Trends modem leads...

they weren't anything like as slow as this when I downloaded them last year....

15 mins for the page to download

Back