TREND T5 or DeWalt 621K ???????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michel

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently use the Bosch GOF 2000 router, which i think is brilliant.

The trouble is for small jobs it can be a bit heavy on the arms, so I'm looking at medium sized routers and have narrowed it down to the following: -

Trend T5 and DeWalt 621K

They seem very similar, so just wondered if anybody had any views on them or maybe an alternative i have missed out. :!:

Rgds

Michel :lol:

I have a T5 and like it a lot. Can't say whether it's better or worse than the DeWalt as I've not used one but I have given the T5 some very hard work to do on occasion and it hasn't faltered. Subjective, I know, but it also feels well balanced and controllable.
Spunyarn

Thank you Spunyarn and Neil for the info, I'm checking out delivery for the T5 today.

Rgds

Michel :lol:

I also am the proud owner of a T5 - Its very simple, but good.

I have used the small DeWALT one aswell, not sure how they compare. I think for workshop use I would go for a Trend T5.

Michel,

I have the DeWalt 621 and find it a very nice machine. It has excellent built in dust collection and a very good fine adjuster. The controls fall naturally to hand and it's pretty easy to move around a workpiece.

It's typical really the more you look into things the more difficult the decision becomes.

I've noticed the Bosch GOF900ACE MkII 1/4" Router looks the business to, slightly heavier than the Trend and DeWalt though.

Decisions, Decisions :!: :!: :!: :!:

Rgds

Michel

Michel":1ka8quoy said:
It's typical really the more you look into things the more difficult the decision becomes.

I've noticed the Bosch GOF900ACE MkII 1/4" Router looks the business to, slightly heavier than the Trend and DeWalt though.

Decisions, Decisions :!: :!: :!: :!:

Rgds

Michel

All I have said re purchasing a new router has been posted on my home page far too much to add here may be worth a look. I would not purchase a 1/4" router as a matter of interest and I would make sure it takes template guides and also a 40mm (1 37/64") guide is available
Tom

My own view is that the DW621's rack and pinion depth adjuster, its dust extraction and its smooth and play-free plunge mechanism make it the better choice. But I'm usually wrong! :wink:

I'm another happy T5 owner. As SDA says - it's a simple machine. No fancy features. But it does its intended job well. Height adjustment is its weakest feature - but a lot of 1/4" routers are similiar. Look at my review hereif you haven't already.
Cheers
Gidon

I have just ordered the T5. I have high expectations after all the acclaim on this forum.
Looking forward to give my "good" impressions later :wink:

I've been using the Perles 808 for a few years & can't fault it.
It's identical to the T5 as trend copied the design from the original.
All Trend accessories fit so no problem getting spares.

Back