Trend T3 ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Neil, I'm in west Wales, Aberystwyth area, I'm an incomer though, moved here 15 years ago, never want to leave now, life is a lot slower and 1000 times more relaxing than the city I grew up in! :wink:

And yourself ?

Moving steadily away from the T3 subject, briefly :D all I can add is that getting used to the 'silence' of where I live now compared to the 'city noise' especially at night was the hardest thing to do. The odd owl hoot, a bleating sheep and sometimes the harmonious sound of an F15 at full throttle usually around midnight is nothing compared to buses, cars, lorries, police sirens etc.......

Back to the T3, very impressed with D&M, dispatch email arrived today, looking forward to getting my hands on this little router and moving ever rapidly away from such makes as Ferm etc :wink:

Dr. Thrax":351fcfp5 said:
Moving steadily away from the T3 subject, briefly :D all I can add is that getting used to the 'silence' of where I live now compared to the 'city noise' especially at night was the hardest thing to do. The odd owl hoot, a bleating sheep and sometimes the harmonious sound of an F15 at full throttle usually around midnight is nothing compared to buses, cars, lorries, police sirens etc.......
Moving steadily away with you :wink: Yep, I found exactly the same thing. Drove me nuts. Used to live right next door to the main line from Waterloo Station (those Eurostar trains are the noisiest so-and-sos :roll: ), a DHL depot behind (those ruddy reversing beeps are a social menace to my mind), main road right in front and Big Ben when the wind was in the right direction and still slept like a log. First few weeks of lowing cattle and one car every 3 days nearly tipped me over the edge. Just got used to it when the farmyard next door pulled an all-nighter shifting straw bales and guess what? The reversing beeper on the tractor kept me awake! :lol:

Hmm, what can I say about the T3... It's a dismountable one, yeah? So you can use it in a drill stand if you want a DIY pin router thingie and suchlike, yes? (Best I could come up with :roll: )

Cheers, Alf

:lol: @ Alf Some valid points there to moving away from it all :wink:

Just in case anyone gets confused, the T3 is a router, not the latest version of a Terminator movie, however, if the T3 decides to morph into a friendly female terminator who can also rout I'll be more than happy :D

You might get your T3 before I do Tom, some carriers have trouble finding my address as it is nowhere near the 'official' address I have to provide and in reallity I can't say 'between two fields, turn left at layby' :roll: :D

yay!! :D :D

Mine came today!!

First thoughts are that it isn't powerfull enough to plough through loads of wood in a few seconds :shock: :roll: but then again i wasn't really expecting it too :lol:

But it is a really nice router to use, tis my first 'real' make router,

I had a go at some dovetails and they came out fine im happpy to say :D

Hope yours comes soon DT :p

Ta, Tom

I'm happy for you Tom but I think mine is still on the production line :roll: :D

Scratch the above, got it today. Very nice little router, as the review stated 'everything stays in place in the case', making it good for site work etc. No free router bit but at £10 off I can't complain. Easy to setup and use, dust extraction shute works well. A good buy me thinks!

Anyone got anything to say about the Trend T9 ? If I'm going to upgrade from cheap and nasty I might as well stick with Trend :wink:

I have a T9, and it is a mighty beast. As you would expect from Trend, it is hard to fault. It has bags of power. It is rather heavy though, so I found it a bit awkward for small, fiddly jobs, so I solved this by buying a T3! 8)

It is a great router for use in a table. Make sure you get the plunge bar to go with it - it makes life so much easier being able to plunge with one hand, whilst using the other to hold the guage or whatever.

Now all I have to do is win the table making comp, and I will have the full set! :(

The T9 isn't cheap, but then neither are the competiitors at this end of the market - I would definately recomend one.

Thanks for that.

The more I look into Trend the more I'm discovering the incredible amount of accessories available, all seemingly well made and easy to use. Any pointers to suppliers of all things Trend ?

Most tool shops sell trend and if they havent got what you want in stock they will order it for you.

Axminster sell a fair bit of Trend gear in their catalogue.

By far the biggest range I have seen though is Rutlands. To be fair to them, I have ordered a few items from them, and had no problems whatsoever, although other on this site would disagree!

I have noticed that even B+Q are starting to stock some Trend gear, although teh range is fairly limited.

Cheers all. Going to have a winter trying out various Trend stuff :wink:

Dave,

I understand that B&Q are going to increase the range of Trend stuff stocked. :D
There was a Trend chap who posted here some time age, not heard from him lately. :?

I have ordered Trend cutters from Rutlands, they appeared to just pass the order on to Trend for shipping direct to me worked out very quick. :)

Try never to pay the book price for Trend stuff, most places will give a discount on it, the book is very expensive :cry:

I'll shop around for the Trend accessories as I've noticed varying prices. And I'll be sure to check out B&Q :wink:

Has anyone mounted a T9 in a table ? I've not had much luck with either the Axminster 1/2" white or the exact same Toolmaster 1/2" only in sickly blue, same model exactly but both came apart in similar places after being mounted for about a year, alloy upper chasis cracked on both models but freehand use was no problem :( :)

Back