Trend T11 & Triton

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry Burgess":18c9z5gn said:
Make sure that they only sell you the base plate and not all these extra clamps as well.
I bought the Triton table but I am modifying it but lets see your design.

Its only the base plate, no clamps - should receive it within the next couple of days.

Nothing special with the design, the top will be constructed from 25mm mdf 500mm x 750mm. Initially going to use the fence and cutter guard from my old B&Q router table so slots will be routed to suit.

Top fits on cabinet constructed from 18mm ply. Top centre of cabinet has sealed box under router connected to dust extraction.

At least, thats the plan!!

Will take couple of pics as I progress.

John

Freetochat":31l7i68p said:
The handle was squeezed to turn the handle to move the plunge up or down. The handle is released and the inner part pops out. At this point there is still small movment on the plunge without squeezing the handle and is only stopped by applying the lever lock.

That isn't the fine adjuster.

Freetochat":fjnix3n1 said:
I was looking at the Triton last weekend in B&Q and when playing with the plunge found quite a lot of movement on the fine adjuster (at least 3mm). Is this usual for this machine?
Most of the demo units in B&Q are very old Tritons - nothing like the real thing - I don't have the problem you are describing

Looks like I wasn't the only one who went to B&Q this weekend and came back with something orange and router like!

My initial plan for a router table is: MDF top + laminate, Incra Ultra lite, plus woodpeckers router plate. On hold for the moment until I get another trip to the states.

However like all plans they could change at any minute! So a couple of questions:

1) What does a "Router sub plate (RTA419)" look like? I have trawled the web but could not find a pic or description.

2) When using a triton with a Norm type table do you remove the dust guards on the router? I was planning on having two hoses, one to the fence and one to the extraction port on the router.

Thanks

Ed

woodshavings":kfmd3gmf said:
Barry Burgess":kfmd3gmf said:
Nothing special with the design, the top will be constructed from 25mm mdf 500mm x 750mm. Initially going to use the fence and cutter guard from my old B&Q router table so slots will be routed to suit.

John
Rather use a laminated board than just MDF - its better for the timber to slide on.
Spend time researching your fence - it needs to be bigger than you think.
I am using the Triton router table top and am considering making my own again. I also have a maxi extension table attched to mine - it helps with the large pieces.

Back