Trend T11 & Triton

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tombo":8jbbrdlb said:
anyone else notice the similarity between the Trend T11 and the CMT 1850 router. They seem identical bar the colour, i wonder if they had a similar recall

The main difference is the raiser. The CMT is identical to the DW625. The T11 recall was to do with the raiser.

Cheers

Tim

That is because they are both, with the DeWalt (625?), derivatives of the goo old Elu MOF177E. The CMT is a 177 in a different colour case. The DeWalt has been fiddled with a bit more now, I think, and the T11 a bit more still. But basically the same thing underneath.

Are there any views on using the Triton in a 'Rat? I'm planning to buy a 1/2" router and (possibly) a Rat and was assuming the T11 would be the one, but there are clearly real arguments in favour of the Triton.
Also, how easy is it to move the Triton between a table and the Rat??

Roy

RoyS":30a0r29u said:
Are there any views on using the Triton in a 'Rat? I'm planning to buy a 1/2" router and (possibly) a Rat and was assuming the T11 would be the one, but there are clearly real arguments in favour of the Triton.
Also, how easy is it to move the Triton between a table and the Rat??

Roy
When I last asked I was told by the RAT people(owners son) that the plunge bar for the Triton was not possible with the RAT

Roy it appears that it can be done with a little alterations. Whether you would want to do this is another question.

http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/LittleRa ... heRat.html

I hope that it helps.

Regards

Woody

Edit: By the way I cannot see any plunge bar. Could you use the Triton raise and lower system instead of this? I have never used a Rat so i have no idea if this would be possible.

Woodythepecker":260zj7aw said:
Roy it appears that it can be done with a little alterations. Whether you would want to do this is another question.

http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/LittleRa ... heRat.html

I hope that it helps.

Regards

Woody

Edit: By the way I cannot see any plunge bar. Could you use the Triton raise and lower system instead of this? I have never used a Rat so i have no idea if this would be possible.

No plunge bar - that the problem with the Triton - most wanted with a RAT

Roy

I've mentioned it before but you might want to consider looking on eBay for a 'new' DW625 for the Rat and then hang out for a 'new' Triton for your table...best of both worlds...and you don't have to keep fiddly around swapping them back and forth.

Roger

Notice whilst flicking thru the Axminster Review mag that the CMT is now upgraded to 2000w from 1850-just like the T10/11. Guess they all come from the same factory?
Philly :D
An eye for sad details :wink:

chisel":2n6o11zm said:
I noticed mention in one of the links to laminate faced mdf, does anyone know if that would be suitable for the router table top and where I could source some from

we have a couple off places down here in poole but i think you will find it in most good timber shop I manage to get a 8'*4'/18 mm for £25.00 and they cut it for me as well

Finally decided on the Triton - bought it today from B&Q for £211 with their 15% promotion.
Now to start on the new router table ... that Incra fence system looks nice!
John

woodshavings":bzu0jjxp said:
Finally decided on the Triton - bought it today from B&Q for £211 with their 15% promotion.
John

You should look at buying the Router sub plate (RTA419) which allows the quick release pins on the router to be aattachedto the plate. Allows for the router to be attached to the table easily.
The router is very useful in cutting circles and with a simple extension( a piece of hardwood) large circles with in circles a possible

Hi Barry,
Thanks for the advice -I have ordered a router plate from Sharp End Services (Triton-uk.com), they had made the same suggestion.

Hope to start making the table this weekend, mainly based on Norms design.

Cheers,

John

yet another item on the Triton wishlist :shock: 8)

woodshavings":2kkeboxg said:
Hi Barry,
Thanks for the advice -I have ordered a router plate from Sharp End Services (Triton-uk.com), they had made the same suggestion.

Hope to start making the table this weekend, mainly based on Norms design.

Cheers,

John
Make sure that they only sell you the base plate and not all these extra clamps as well.
I bought the Triton table but I am modifying it but lets see your design.

I was looking at the Triton last weekend in B&Q and when playing with the plunge found quite a lot of movement on the fine adjuster (at least 3mm). Is this usual for this machine?

The handle was squeezed to turn the handle to move the plunge up or down. The handle is released and the inner part pops out. At this point there is still small movment on the plunge without squeezing the handle and is only stopped by applying the lever lock.

woodshavings":kllqenml said:
John

Yep

I went for Norm's router table design (given some plans) with Triton and Incra Ultra 24 and LOVE IT!! There are photos on forum

So much better than my old purchased table and cheapo router :wink:

Fitted the Rockler Mitre guage to it over the weekend and am pretty impressed with that too

Back